songs.dta file missing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    EzloDQ
    Participant

Is there a simple way to generate a songs.dta file for a custom? Say I have the required files to use the CON creator inside C3Con Tools (.mid, .mogg).

I can use a ‘dummy’ songs.dta file and it creates the CON but obviously all of the info is of whatever song the .dta file belonged to.

What’s the least amount of info needed for a songs.dta file? And is there a way to get all of this info from C3CON Tools? Maybe using one of the many tools I’m not familiar with?

Any help would be appreciated!

You should be using Magma to build the con file.

EzloDQ
      Participant

I do that when I create a custom for myself. However, I downloaded the files online and was just going to make it into a CON myself. The .MOGG is encrypted so I cannot separate it to build and compile in Magma. The files go into, and create the CON but the info is just wrong since I am using the songs.dta file from a different song. Was wondering if I could just create one, manually, using some type of template, or perhaps use the tools to generate one based on the files I have without actually compiling and building a song.

You can still use magma for that purpose. What files do you have?

EzloDQ
        Participant

I did some digging and extracted some files from RB1 and there is no songs.dta files included. I have the .mogg, .mid, milo xbox file, and the png. After a fair bit more online searches, it appears that the file ‘songs.dtb’ is what houses these files, just needs to be decrypted with a special program.

FujiSkunk
          Keymaster
            EzloDQ
            Participant

Awesome! I did it with a command line progran but the dta files weren’t formatted to make c3 con tools very happy. I will definitely get this, thank you!

Ringoastr
              Participant

Hey I know this was a few years ago but did you ever get a solution? I recently lost my songs.dta file for all of my customs however I still have all the files for the customs, just not the songs.dta file. I need a way to create a songs.dta file from a bunch of custom songs without their respective songs.dta file.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Back to top button