Song not showing up in File Management or Database

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Vince
    Participant

So I’ve been trying to upload a song to the database for 3 days straight, and it still hasn’t shown up in neither the database or my file management section. Anytime I try to upload it, it either just reloads the page, or gives me an error saying it’s a duplicate (which is logical because it ain’t the first time I try to upload it!). The terms and conditions also always appear when reloading, even though I’m verified. Even tried uploading it from another account, but I can’t even get the verification e-mail to sent. What should I do?

FujiSkunk
      Keymaster

Sorry to see you’ve been having trouble. The terms acceptance thing has affected several new authors, so clearly there is a bug. Fortunately we know how to flip the switch manually on the back end, and I have done so for your account. After all, since you’ve uploaded some songs, you obviously agree to the terms, right? 🙂

There are some scenarios where an upload can fail but still put song information in the database, which will then block other uploads of the same song. Let me know the song name, either here or in a DM, and we can take a look.

Vince
        Participant

Thanks for helping. Song name is “Jigaloo” by “Les Inspecteurs” (I know it’s quite odd for a name, it’s a French comedy song lol.)

FujiSkunk
          Keymaster

It looks like we did have a file for this song in your account, which was marked as deleted. I have undeleted the file but also marked it hidden. You should be able to see it both in your C3U file manager, and in the C3DB if you search for the song. If this is the version of the custom you want to release, simply click the “publish” button on the song’s C3DB page and it will be visible to all. If you need to upload a newer version first, look for the song in your file manager, then click “Upload new version” in the Actions menu for the song, then follow the instructions.

I don’t know if this is what happened, but in the future when you want to replace an existing custom with a newer on, don’t delete the old custom first; use the “Upload new version” action instead. Otherwise you could find yourself in this situation again.

Let us know if anything still seems off!

Vince
            Participant

Thanks a lot it’s now in the database! Weirdly enough I didn’t even try to replace the custom it just didn’t show up on the first try. Anyway thanks for your help!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button