Sharp Dressed Man

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    El Guapo
    Participant

Hi all,

scanning through the Customs database I’m surprised to see that no one has ported ZZ Top’s Sharp Dressed Man over from Warriors of Rock.

This one I’d love to have if anyone has the skills and would be generous enough with their time to do the work

Thanks!

Bansheeflyer

I’m currently working on the entire Eliminator album including Sharp Dressed Man.

I’m currently working on the entire Eliminator album including Sharp Dressed Man.

You’re awesome! I can’t wait for that! I love ZZ Top!

glarms
        Participant

That will be amazing, thanks Bansheeflyer, your customs are awesome

samjjones
          Participant

I have a live version of “Sharp Dressed Man” on my USB stick. I forget where I found it from (couldn’t find in a search), but it was definitely from these forums.

samjjones
            Participant

Well…that’s cool!

Bansheeflyer

The version of “Sharp Dressed Man” on Warriors of Rock is live so I’m just gonna do the studio one with the rest of the album. As samjjones said that version is probably on these forums (I think most songs from GH World Tour – Warriors of Rock is on here somewhere or if not, on Frets on Fire).

I’m surprised at the response to me charting the album, but I guess I shouldn’t be since ZZ Top is sadly underrepresented in RB. I’m currently working on another pack but I’ll try and get it done fairly soon! Vocals are gonna be a pain. Should be interesting.

El Guapo
                Participant

I have a live version of “Sharp Dressed Man” on my USB stick. I forget where I found it from (couldn’t find in a search), but it was definitely from these forums.

If it is multi-track I’d say that’s the one – would you mind sharing please?

The version of “Sharp Dressed Man” on Warriors of Rock is live so I’m just gonna do the studio one with the rest of the album. As samjjones said that version is probably on these forums (I think most songs from GH World Tour – Warriors of Rock is on here somewhere or if not, on Frets on Fire).

I’m surprised at the response to me charting the album, but I guess I shouldn’t be since ZZ Top is sadly underrepresented in RB. I’m currently working on another pack but I’ll try and get it done fairly soon! Vocals are gonna be a pain. Should be interesting.

Sounds great! Looking forward to it!

samjjones
                  Participant

Everybody has different tastes in music, but there are certain bands that just *always* play great in Rock Band. IMO, they are usually bands that have really distinctive, “thick” guitar sounds. ZZ Top, Van Halen, Foreigner…that kind of thing. Somehow when you play guitar Rock Band for those kinds of bands, the experience is even more immersive than usual.

Bansheeflyer

It’s usually the ones that have very recognizable, catchy guitar riff and hard-hitting crisp drum beats. Motley Crue is a great example as well as those you mentioned.

Not to sound like a hipster, but I’m honestly just surprised that people seem excited for the whole album rather than just “Sharp Dressed Man”. I’m not really used to people knowing more than that, even though there are several other well-known hits off that album. It doesn’t help that most of my friends don’t really fancy ZZ Top.

Sorry El Guapo, didn’t mean to commandeer your thread for a classic rock discussion. :wacko:

samjjones
                      Participant

If you guys have searched the forum and can’t find the live version, perhaps we can repost it to the db.

I’m 40, so “Eliminator” came out during my formative “starting to listen to music” years. To an adolescent child…the videos for “Legs”, “Sharp Dressed Man”, “Gimme All Your Lovin'”…were very welcome.

El Guapo
                        Participant

If you guys have searched the forum and can’t find the live version, perhaps we can repost it to the db.

I searched both the db and the forum before I requested, so I’m pretty sure it’s not here unles it’s hidden really well!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Back to top button