RyanHYK’s Recycling Bin (Updated 04/27: Bowling for Soup, Primus, Shampoo)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    RyanHYK
    Participant

I decided to put my recycling bin in the collaboration board instead of leaving it in my author board. Basically, this board is filled with songs I’ve gotten some work on but can’t care enough to finish. So, if anyone else want to finish them, go right ahead.

Huey Lewis and the News – “If This Is It”

NOTES: This one pretty much has the Expert instruments done and has a venue (feel free to edit), however, the one playtest I got out of this song didn’t agree with the Pro Key chart (and by default, the 5-lane key chart). I based that chart off of a MIDI, though it turns out each MIDI has its own interpretation of the song, so keys will probably have to be redone from scratch. Also, this song is charted pretty deep into the fade-out, so cut that wherever you want to.

Huey Lewis and the News – “Stuck With You”

NOTES: Expert drums, guitar, and bass on this one, and I’m pretty proud of how they turned out. However, because I have a tendency to get frustrated by keys and wanting to get “Hip to Be Square” out already, this one kinda got grounded to a halt. So it’s up in the air. Just like the other one, this one’s charted pretty deep into the fade-out, so do what you want there.

Bowling for Soup – “Girl All the Bad Guys Want”

NOTES: Expert Guitar, Bass, Drums done. Keys and Pro Keys complete. Vocals got started, but never finished. Guitar has a lot of variety in the choruses. I guess the novelty of the song faded from me. So, here’s to anyone who wants to see this finished up.

Primus – “Tommy the Cat”

NOTES: As heard in the “Sailing the Seas of Cheese” album. Expert Bass and Drums done. Guitar has a few spots filled in. Vocals not started. Primus guitar has always been intimidating to me. Bass has a real complicated riff (I used

to translate into gameplay), so this could still use some looks at. I’ve also had a really hard time with the tempo map, so I wouldn’t be too surprised if this was redone by someone.

Shampoo – “Trouble”

NOTES: More complete than most everything here. Drums complete. Expert guitar and bass done. Harmonies are done one at a time, though the charts aren’t 100% done, so there’s no solo chart at the moment. I just sorta lost interest. It’s a fairly easy song, so anyone who takes it probably doesn’t have to do much, if you know how to counter the fade-out.

RyanHYK
      Participant

Bumping this up to say I’ve updated with:

Bowling for Soup – “Girl All the Bad Guys Want”

Primus – “Tommy the Cat”

Shampoo – “Trouble”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Back to top button