Rockband 4 Announced!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 172 total)
  • Author
    Personally, and I know some people will hate me for saying this, but I don’t give a crap about customizing band members or in-game instruments or whatever. I’d rather they put the effort that goes into that into charting or getting more songs.

This x 10000000

Awesome and exciting news. I’m really glad the dlc will transfer and even though old instruments will work I’ll be excited to get new ones. I do see myself switching from RB4 to RB3 in the middle of sets since I can’t imagine the amazing customs you wonderful people have worked so hard on will transfer over. I’m very excited for them to start revealing the set and finding out about the new features. I can’t be the only one who has wanted a band POV right? Seeing your characters play is great, but I think seeing an interactive crowd in first person would be fun. I’m sure harmonix has some stuff up their sleeves. Best of all is I know this amazing community will be there! I always felt a little lost on the RB boards, but love visiting this forum.

Huh I didn’t think of it that way. A first person Rock Band? I have always thought that that new room projector thing that MS demo’d a while back would be perfect for RB, and there are lots of VR systems in development at the moment. Wearing a big clunky headset for RB would be awkward though.

While I admit that the idea is intriguing, the ‘back to our roots’ approach would seem to rule out a huge departure like first person play.

They mentioned innovating the experience though. Maybe an option similar to what GTA has would work? Or maybe just have it another camera angle?

TrojanNemo
    Participant

Sure why not? But my ideal bundle needs a guitar, one of those neat two-strum bar basses, three mics, a drum set, cymbals, pad silencers, an xbone, the game, and a beer. Oh and a groupie.

PS, groupies are necessary for a true band simulator. Let’s get with it HMX. Literally.

If dealing with Microsoft and Sony is difficult, can you imagine how it would be for HMX to deal with WIVES? Sadly, I don’t think groupies will be a featured peripheral. I know myself and a couple others on here would appreciate them though, so I’m with you in spirit.

But the kits never come with so much. It’s a good start, then you buy a couple of mics (though I don’t see why existing usb mics wouldn’t work) and one of the reasons I’m excited for the new hardware is that with each iteration they’ve made them silent. So I hope the new drums won’t need silencers…or if they do, that people start selling them again. PDP made the best in my opinion, but those went out of stock loooong ago.

The timing of release of “legacy†DLC on next-generation consoles is to be determined and may be subject to change. “Legacy†DLC will be downloadable and playable in Rock Band 4 only after the DLC is released on next-generation consoles

Does that mean if I download a DLC I already have on 360 to the Xbox One I can’t play it on 360 anymore or does it mean once it’s released on Xbox One you can no longer play it on 360 regardless if I port it over to the One?

From my understanding, C3’s issue with authoring keys on some songs was that the instrument was buried in the mix and inaudible. If HMX still requires the stems to songs in order to author them, they likely wouldn’t have nearly as much trouble in that regard.

More probable that they didn’t see as many people playing keys so they decided to save time, money, and effort in that area.

Similar, yes. Basically, the more charts that the team has to author, the less quality content they can put out each week.

Back when RB2 was new, they were putting out huge packs and albums frequently. When RB3 came out with keys and pro instruments, even after only authoring Pro Guitar/Bass on certain songs, the quantity of songs became lower and lower as the weeks went on, and sometimes the charts suffered as a result.

That makes sense as they have to manage resources and make the most money possible as they are a business. I guess I’m just frustrated because they talk about how they want it to be this awesome party game and they are essentially saying 1 less person can now play. On the XBox One, up to 8 controllers can be connected (unlike the limitation of 4 on the 360) so you wouldn’t have to worry about any all instruments mode when keys are on. Also, I understand not including keys in new releases by why not allow the legacy DLC to keep their already existing keys charts (all of the charts are already there!) and just do the conversion work? This way, in new DLC you won’t have to worry about picking songs anymore that have keys or are keys-centric because you already have hundreds of legacy songs that already have keys. Obviously, keys just don’t mesh somehow with their new engine/scoring system/UI/whatever so I’m sure that’s why they don’t have them in there. It’s just frustrating because in the party settings I play RB in, there is usually someone who always wants to play keys. So, yeah, it sucks to only have a portion of my library available because certain songs don’t have keys, but we just roll with it so everyone can play and have a good time.

/rant

BTW, MadCatz has pretty much already announced what the bundles will be:

http://madcatz.com/rock-band-is-back/

Mad Catz will introduce a Rock Band 4 Band In A Boxâ„¢ bundle, which includes a copy of the game, a new Wireless Fenderâ„¢ Stratocasterâ„¢ Guitar Controller, a new Wireless Drum Kit and a Microphone! If you just want to rock out with a Guitar Controller, hey, we got you covered as we’ll have a Guitar Controller Bundle which includes a copy of the game and a Wireless Fender Stratocaster Guitar Controller. – See more at: http://madcatz.com/rock-band-is-back/#s … qAnCG.dpuf

Mad Catz has been working hard with Harmonix to make a suite of all-new music game controllers for rocking out with Rock Band 4, which we believe will prove to be the ultimate music platform for the new generation of consoles! We’re convinced that fans of the franchise will love the new controllers we’re cooking. We’ve turned everything up to 11 this time around! We’ve tweaked several features such as the tilt-sensor on the guitar controllers for extra accuracy and sensitivity. Mic response has been tuned, build-quality has been refined, but more about hardware later. Suffice it to say, we think you’ll all be very happy. – See more at: http://madcatz.com/rock-band-is-back/#s … qAnCG.dpuf

No Keys? Ugh. Talk about a giant leap backwards. Piano ballads are huge right now. Electronic rock is huge right now. And with acts like Billy Joel and The Doors in the legacy catalogue… it’s like, wow, what was the point?

Farottone
      Keymaster

Just a quick thing about RB4 and customs: HMX never blocked customs content, in fact the higher ups gave props to the community. HMX blocked piracy, customs were collateral damage.

BTW, MadCatz has pretty much already announced what the bundles will be:

http://madcatz.com/rock-band-is-back/

Mad Catz will introduce a Rock Band 4 Band In A Boxâ„¢ bundle, which includes a copy of the game, a new Wireless Fenderâ„¢ Stratocasterâ„¢ Guitar Controller, a new Wireless Drum Kit and a Microphone! If you just want to rock out with a Guitar Controller, hey, we got you covered as we’ll have a Guitar Controller Bundle which includes a copy of the game and a Wireless Fender Stratocaster Guitar Controller. – See more at: http://madcatz.com/rock-band-is-back/#s … qAnCG.dpuf

Mad Catz has been working hard with Harmonix to make a suite of all-new music game controllers for rocking out with Rock Band 4, which we believe will prove to be the ultimate music platform for the new generation of consoles! We’re convinced that fans of the franchise will love the new controllers we’re cooking. We’ve turned everything up to 11 this time around! We’ve tweaked several features such as the tilt-sensor on the guitar controllers for extra accuracy and sensitivity. Mic response has been tuned, build-quality has been refined, but more about hardware later. Suffice it to say, we think you’ll all be very happy. – See more at: http://madcatz.com/rock-band-is-back/#s … qAnCG.dpuf

I see no reason for that to be all the bundles. I’m thinking they’ll announce a drum-only bundle around E3, along with their pricing models.

funkydunkleman
        Participant

I did not expect them to be so strong in regards to legacy DLC. With nearly 1000 songs purchased on the 360, I’ll have to get RB4 on X1 instead. Unless they allow a cross-plaform transfer, which I doubt. Rocksmith 2014 didn’t.

We probably won’t know until the game releases, but it’ll be interesting to see how difficult importing customs will be. Does X1 or PS4 even have programs like Modio or Party Buffalo?

Either way, still very excited for this game. You can tell HMX is making this one with their finances in mind. RB2 and 3 had pretty lavish releases, but you can tell they don’t have that with this one. Their trying to do more with less, and make sure they get the basics perfect rather than add a bunch of niche features.

I’m sure they looked over the survey results and saw that a fairly miniscule amount of players cared about pro guitar and keys, and making more equipment and peripherals supporting those would add in unnecessary costs and time. Sucks for those few who used them a lot on RB3, but the numbers weren’t there and I don’t blame them. Maybe they’ll include 5-button keys on legacy DLC?

This release almost has me more nervous than excited, but I’m interested in seeing what need ideas they’ve been coming up with in the last 5 years.

I sold my Xbox One and I’m not sure I will buy another one just for Rock Band. I could buy it for PS4, but all my songs are on Xbox… and Xbox was always getting more attention by HMX (like RBN, DLC sooner than Playstation etc.).

Also, I hope this community still releases custom songs for RB3, even if RB4 is out and official DLC is up and running again… although I doubt it.

ManicPixieGirl
          Participant

I’m not getting a new console. But I’ll keep my fingers crossed RB4 DLC is also released as RB3 DLC and someone like Bluzer rips the disk setlist.

TrojanNemo
            Participant
              and Xbox was always getting more attention by HMX (like RBN, DLC sooner than Playstation etc.).

I would say Xbox 360 Master Race but we all know that belongs to PC.

But to be fair, the ONLY reason RBN exists is because Microsoft created the XNA program. There was nothing like that for PS3. Blame Sony? Or thank Microsoft? But that’s why RBN went to Xbox and what they could, they ported to PS3.

DLC coming sooner for Xbox than for PS3? They released at the same time as far as HMX had anything to do with it. It just seems that both SCEA and SCEE do a really bad job at handling their DLC releases. Again, not HMX’s fault.

I’m not getting a new console. But I’ll keep my fingers crossed RB4 DLC is also released as RB3 DLC and someone like Bluzer rips the disk setlist.

The first part will probably happen, the second part will definitely happen. But I wouldn’t expect to find it on the C3 forums.

PikminGuts92
              Participant
                DLC coming sooner for Xbox than for PS3?

Way back when, the Playstation Store in North America updated their content on Thursdays. Eventually they switched over to Tuesdays which caused it to line up with HMX releases on Xbox Live. Although Sony still doesn’t update their content until the evening.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 172 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Back to top button