Rock Band VR Details Revealed, and it can use XB1/PS4 controllers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    spiralshadow123
    Participant

Trailer:

Preorder (with Xbox controller): https://www.amazon.com/Rock-Guitar-Controller-Version-Bundle-Oculus/dp/B01MZH6NIA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1486401492&sr=8-2&keywords=rock%2Bband%2Bvr&th=1

Preorder (with PS4 controller): https://www.amazon.com/Guitar-Controller-PlayStation-Version-Bundle-Oculus/dp/B01N3BBJ77/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486401837&sr=8-1&keywords=rock+band+vr

I’m wondering, since it will come with drivers that let us use Xbox/PS controllers for PC, we’re probably not too far off from being able to use them in Phase Shift and FoF right? That would be amazing. Anyway do any of you plan on getting this? What are everyone’s thoughts?

TrojanNemo
      Participant

I only have the Samsung Gear VR. It uses Oculus software but I don’t think this will work with it. If it ever does, I’ll probably get it. But I have no interest on a Rift.

broadband3
        Participant

i have gear vr also and think its a piece of crap dont think i will invest in a rift

MrPrezident

I really want to like it, but like, what the hell is going on in that video, where’s the note lane, why is he strumming like a maniac, and is it single player only?

Keeping the content Canadian since 2017!

SomeOldGuys: https://db.c3universe.com/songs/all/__user/someoldguys
            MrPrezident: https://db.c3universe.com/songs/all/__user/MrPrezident

Fat Halpert
            Participant

Wish they would spend just a little time explaining how the heck it works.

You can reach me on Discord: Fat Halpert#3165

If I can get it working with the HTC Vive i’ll give it a shot, I’m not too crazy about the retail release of the Oculus hardware though so if the Vive is no go, i’ll give it a shot

The more interesting part to me is the setlist, I’m assuming that all the songs in this will find their way to Rock Band 4.

bostengaable
              Participant
                Amazing news, is a RB4 expansion or stand alone game?.
                I received this on my e-mail,the game has + 60 songs, i hope see bands like pink floyd, Led Zeppelin on setlist, i hope to see a pc version too.
                Ain’t It Fun, paramore song probabily confirmed(downloading this custom now). the song plays on this trailer.
                raynebc
                Participant

This kind of thing could be pretty awesome for Rocksmith, and it would force players to get used to playing without looking at the fretboard. I wouldn’t count on VR support ever being added to Phase Shift or FoF. Performous is being more actively developed, so maybe that’s a possibility.

jed
                  Participant

it bothers me that Harmonix doesn’t bother reminding anyone about what they’re working on until they have something to announce. I legit forgot this was something they were working on and it’s coming out in a month.

imac007
                    Participant

It looks kinda cool, but $800 for rock band….that’s a little steep.

I guess you could play other games, but…

mb1nightmare
                      Participant

Wish it was RB4PC instead of VR…

If someone wants to be as disappointed as me:

http://www.theverge.com/2016/9/1/12726642/rock-band-vr-oculus-rift-hands-on-pax

Oddbrother
                        Participant

$800 for rock band….that’s a little steep.

Technically, that’s about average accumulated spending adding the hardware and DLC later.

Bansheeflyer

This will only work with the Rift so RIP Vive/Sony/Samsung/other VR brand users. Oh brand loyalty, where you sacrifice customers for funding.

It’s a neat gimmick but as far as I’m concerned, that’s all it is. VR is pretty fun from the bit I demoed a while back but I feel it’s too early in development stages to be worth my time and money (such as they are). I already spent way too much on Rock Band, don’t need to spend another $800 for the Rift + $70 for the game/guitar + $ in DLC.

Technically, that’s about average accumulated spending adding the hardware and DLC later.

Yeah but that was $800 for a lot of Rock Band, this is $800 for a guitar and a game’s worth of songs.

Wish it was RB4PC instead of VR…

Technically it is on PC, just not in the way any of us wanted it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          Back to top button