Rock Band 3 Wireless Keyboard not working. Am I doing this right?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    cleverest
    Participant

I’ve never played KEYS on this game before…picked up a used one of these:https://www.amazon.com/Rock-Band-Wireless-Keyboard-Xbox-360/dp/B003RS19N4

I put batteries in in the Mad Catz keyboard, turn it on, turn xbox on, the front button is flashing on the keyboard, I press the SYNC button on front of xbox 360 and then the side tiny sync button on the keyboard and I get nothing..I took this back to the store, exchanged it and still not syncing…am I doing something wrong?

WarMarioDragon
      Participant

I remember having the same problem, but I just kept trying and I got it to work. I think you might want to hold down the sync button for a bit longer on the xbox then quickly hold the sync button for the keyboard. The only other thing, that i think, was my issue was that I tried using the batteries that came with the keyboard, which either didn’t turn on or did but wouldn’t sync (srry can’t remember exactly) but I did remember putting a new set of batteries and it worked.

cleverest
        Participant

I remember having the same problem, but I just kept trying and I got it to work. I think you might want to hold down the sync button for a bit longer on the xbox then quickly hold the sync button for the keyboard. The only other thing, that i think, was my issue was that I tried using the batteries that came with the keyboard, which either didn’t turn on or did but wouldn’t sync (srry can’t remember exactly) but I did remember putting a new set of batteries and it worked.

I’ve tried the latter (new batteries), but maybe not the former…I’ll try it…Thanks.

cleverest
          Participant

^ Not working. :-(

stick another instrument in sync it. then try syncing the keyboard.

had to do that way with a wireless guitar. synced fine as the second instrument wouldnt solo

cleverest
            Participant

stick another instrument in sync it. then try syncing the keyboard.

had to do that way with a wireless guitar. synced fine as the second instrument wouldnt solo

Sadly I have no guitar/bass controllers, only my wired drum kit (Strrike Ekit) and a microphone.

Sounds like you got a busted key. I bought mine new and it was in storage for over 5 years, full of dirt and I recently turned it on no prob.

cleverest
              Participant

Sounds like you got a busted key. I bought mine new and it was in storage for over 5 years, full of dirt and I recently turned it on no prob.

Two in a row though? Then someone told me I needed to sync a guitar, and I’ve NEVER had a guitar sync’d to this system since I’ve had it, so maybe…? (I still don’t have a guitar controller to try it, I play only drums/vocals on this Xbox 360 since I’ve owned it.)

BornGamerRob
                Participant

No, you’re right. I had this issue as well. It’s not the keyboard. And, of course, I can’t remember what I did to fix it. I remember googling the hell out of my issue and then i remember stumbling on a solution. it was something to do with the sync. it was a strange order IIRC, of that stupid side button and the button on the 360. i remember having to do that combo a few times. the good news is, once it syncs, it stays.

Two in a row though? Then someone told me I needed to sync a guitar, and I’ve NEVER had a guitar sync’d to this system since I’ve had it, so maybe…? (I still don’t have a guitar controller to try it, I play only drums/vocals on this Xbox 360 since I’ve owned it.)

I had to sync my guitars on my 360 after not using them for 4 years. Same for the keyboard, but all it took was one click.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Back to top button