Rock Band 3 Pro Guitar Help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    braxtonhall
    Participant

I’ve had the Rock Band 3 Squier Stratocaster for quite some time now, and this year out of nowhere, the MIDI output from the guitar just ceased. I contacted Fender and they said they didn’t even know whom I should contact to try and diagnose the problem.

Impatient, I bought a Rock Band 3 Mustang to use in the interim, and it worked great for about a month! Then suddenly one day, when I pick any individual string, the guitar thinks that I’m strumming all of them. It has become very sensitive.

Has anyone faced either of these issues before? And if so, was the issue fixable?

I don’t know much about the squier, but you might want to take it to someone who knows what they’re doing with electronics and look at it, it could just be a wire that is not making contact anymore, or something dumb like that. (If you live in NYC, maybe call Louis Rossmann lol).

I would personally open it myself to look if that was my guitar, but I know some people are scared to break things even just by opening them, so it’s really up to you (especially with a rare piece of equipment like this).

raynebc
      Participant

Did you connect the Squier to a computer with a MIDI port/adapter to rule out a problem with the MIDI pro adapter? Did you try replacing the batteries in the guitar? Even if the Squier itself is malfunctioning, there won’t be any warranty left by now and I don’t know where you could get it repaired.

braxtonhall
        Participant

Did you connect the Squier to a computer with a MIDI port/adapter to rule out a problem with the MIDI pro adapter? Did you try replacing the batteries in the guitar? Even if the Squier itself is malfunctioning, there won’t be any warranty left by now and I don’t know where you could get it repaired.

Yeah I did. I’m not getting any MIDI signal from it at all. I switched out the cable as well and replaced the batteries. :~(

I don’t know much about the squier, but you might want to take it to someone who knows what they’re doing with electronics and look at it, it could just be a wire that is not making contact anymore, or something dumb like that. (If you live in NYC, maybe call Louis Rossmann lol).

I would personally open it myself to look if that was my guitar, but I know some people are scared to break things even just by opening them, so it’s really up to you (especially with a rare piece of equipment like this).

Dang I’m on the other side of the continent in Vancouver but thanks for the recommendation.

Hopefully I can find someone here who is comfortable taking apart guitars and comfortable with electronics.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Back to top button