Rock Band 3 or Rock Band 4?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    lifeismusic5
    Participant

If you were one that switched over in hopes that customs would be a thing in Rock Band 4 or just for the new features, what are your reasons for staying? If not, then why did you stay with Rock Band 3?

I personally have played Rock Band 4 when I heard the buzz about the DLC but because of customs I just couldnt stay with RB4. Not only that but honestly I couldnt get calibration to work correctly. That & I like Keys separate from Guitar.

Well honestly I prefer RB3, the graphics I think are much better than RB4 ones. Also I like the keys separate from Guitar. The reason of customs it’s pretty obvious.

RongoIK
      Participant

I love the lane graphics on RB4, but now that I got a keyboard, I’d go RB3 for keys and pro instruments (also the setlist is better)

I stayed with RB3 mainly because I play pro instruments over 5 button ones and because I didn’t (and still don’t) want to buy a new system.

If RB4 was released on PC, I would have bought it, because then my instruments would work and I wouldn’t need to buy a new system, I wouldn’t really care about rebuying DLCs that I like.

I’ll stick with RB3 until all customs can transfer and legacy instruments are all compatible.

RainbowDash321
        Participant

I stayed with Rock Band 3 all the way because the graphics are superb, it has 7 players with keys, and has pro instruments. I don’t have PS4 or Xbox ONE.

akaisenshi
          Participant

I would go to RB4 solely for the gameplay and FC recognition.

I 100% prefer RB3 becuase it has keys and I can use my X-plorer.

jerrylive365
            Participant

TLDR; RB4 is superior in overall quality, RB3 is superior in overall content.

IMO RB4 is superior in quality, graphics and gameplay. The calibration alone is less frustrating and easier to get correct.

Having said that, I prefer RB3 for content, but not gameplay. For starters, its great due to all the customs available and being able to play keyboards. Nothing like having thousands of songs available at your fingertips! The huge catalog of stuff you can get makes RB3 the better choice for content. Not to mention, if you’re talking Xbox, you can use almost any wired controller, e-drums included (with the midi pro adapter) without having to use the PDP adapter that is not being made any longer. The downside is the calibration is not as forgiving as in RB4. A bad thing? Maybe not.

Also, not sure what others are seeing when they say the graphics are better than RB4. They are not. The jump in console and years between releases should tell you all you need to know there. Not saying they are bad, just not as robust as RB4.

Not sure what’s hard about RB3 calibration (and any games where you can manually calibrate audio AND video).

The technique will always be the same, set a number for audio, choose a song you know, close your eyes and play and fiddle with numbers until it’s right, same for video, set a number, go in a song you know turn off volume and fiddle with numbers until it’s right. This should never be any different on any game. If you rely on auto-calibration it’s never gonna be just right, on any game.

rb3 content..rb4 gameplay..ive 1400 songs carried over..alot of em not my choosing to own or keep..rb3 every song of the 3k is ones i choose…rb3 wins

yaniv297
              Keymaster

The combination of customs, plus RB4 super-disappointing DLC schedule, makes this a really easy win for RB3.

Customs are unbeatable on their own – literally thousands of songs that would never make it to RB, plus the possibility to chart and play any song you like. But RB4 doesn’t really put up a fight – in the entire 2018 DLC schedule, there were only 2 songs I was really interested in buying (“Enjoy the Silence” and “The Funeral”).

I hate the rewind thing, scrolling the DLC schedule feels like scrolling the main games setlist. It’s songs I’ve had for years now, and played dozens of times (especially the main RB1/RB2 songs, before I discovered DLC and customs). Plus I’ve already have them at RB3 as an export. The new songs choices are clearly focused on mainstream/pop hits, and with my taste being mostly more alternative/indie/classic rock, there’s very rarely something I like.

It’s just surreal to look back at 2010/2011 DLC and see those huge packs from huge artists coming weekly. How lucky we were.

Also, I’m not really good enough at keys to play anything difficult, but it’s certainly a fun option to have.

RB3 easily.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Back to top button