Rock Band 3 and 4x guitars

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    El Guapo
    Participant

Hi there,

me and all my friends are guitarist/bassists and we all have our own instrument. What I’d like to be able to do is have us all connect our guitars to the game, then have two players just  ‘drop-out’ leaving two to play the song, then swap over.

Unfortunately I only seem to be able to connect 3 guitars simultaneously, with one having to log out entirely in order for the other to join.

It’s more of an inconvenience having to log-in and out all the time rather than a major issue, but it’d just be nice to enjoy a more ‘fluid’ and less stop/start evening

Am I missing something obvious, or it just not possible to attach more than 3 guitars?

Thanks

FujiSkunk
      Keymaster

I’ve never tried this myself, but it actually makes sense that only three guitars would be allowed at a time.  The game allows keyboard controllers to play 5-lane guitar and vice versa, so a full band theoretically could include three guitars or even three keyboards, each playing one of guitar, bass and keys.  However, only a drum controller will work for drums, and only a standard controller plus microphone will work for vocals, so once you have some combination of three guitars and keyboards, there is no in-game reason to add any more, and so the game likely keeps that fourth spot open for one of the other controller types.

This doesn’t directly answer your question, I know, but I’m still willing to bet this is a “feature” rather than a “bug”.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Back to top button