Reusing Practice events.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Divine Smooof
    Participant

I was reading the Authoring page and it said

“There may be more than one Practice Sections of the same name. However, when entering Practice mode in Rock Band 3 these will not appear as unique sections. Therefore although it’s not required, it’s preferable to give distinct names to each song section.”

I don’t know what that translates out to when making the custom though. I want to know if I can reuse names for Practice sections without there being issues when entering Practice mode.

I think it means that having the same names works, but it’s preferred not to as it will look weird in most cases. Your best bet would be to check it in-game after compiling really.

Farottone
      Keymaster

What’s the point of giving two distinct sections of a song the same name?

Divine Smooof
        Participant

I’m fixing the chart of the 12 Step Suite custom, and I figured I’d give it some Practice sections as well. I figured I could label each song in the suite as if they were separate (have Chorus 1 for the first chorus of The Glass Prison, Chorus 1 for the first chorus of This Dying Soul, etc.). Since the custom is so huge I don’t think there’d be enough relevant section names to keep them unique (and I’m not about to throw around “DJ Solo” and “Prayer” just to have unique section names.)

espher
          Participant

Depending on how granular you’re making it, you could fudge the 1/1a/1b meaning to have the letter refer to each of the different songs as an alternative.

Divine Smooof
            Participant

I looked at the RBN song Dystopia by Chaotrope and it had to distinct sections that both had the section names “Intro Riff A” and “Intro Riff B”, so I think repeating section names is possible.

Farottone
              Keymaster
                I looked at the RBN song Dystopia by Chaotrope and it had to distinct sections that both had the section names “Intro Riff A” and “Intro Riff B”, so I think repeating section names is possible.

It’s not that it’s not possible, even the docs say that. It’s just that users will be confused by what is what.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Back to top button