Removing Multitrack from a CON

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Wimbus
    Participant

Hi everyone!

First off, love this community and what everyone does here for these amazing games 🙂

I’m a musician and I run a studio/recording spot where I host events, and we have a whole room dedicated to a Rock Band X360 set-up that I really pride myself with! I think we have a bank of over a few thousand songs on that Xbox and every time people come they love to hang out in that room and play non-stop.

However! One complaint I ALWAYS receive is that people HATE the fact that when they inevitably misplay or miss a note the corresponding track goes mute. And I’ve noticed that most people only want to play the songs that don’t have multitrack (which many of the custom ones do) so that they can rock out to the song without having to worry about it sounding like they are butchering it. So my question is this: Is there an easy way to just remove the multitracks from a custom rb3con-file? Do I need something like Magma or is there something else that can be used? I’m talking about the C3 rb3cons in my external drive of course, as I take for granted that modifying the official files is a no-go.

Appreciate all the help I can get! 🙂

Carlos
      Participant

Depending on how large your multitracked library is it might be a hassle. My approach would be to convert them with Onyx to magma project and replace/remove the audio files in the Reaper project and recreate the con files with just the regular song file (don’t forget to export the new notes.midi). You’ll have to look up how to make custom songs as Reaper needs some dependecies and all of that. Just treat the song as a custom. Just make sure to place the audio file correctly in the timeline so that the audio is not off.

Wimbus
        Participant

Thank you so much for answering!

So I’ve been trying to somehow get it to work with Onyx but I can’t export nither midi nor convert it into a Magma-Project. The .mogg is encrypted I guess…

Is there any other way? (That does not go against the community rules of course)

Shroud
          Participant

Is there any other way? (That does not go against the community rules of course)

You can use C3 CON Tools.

Select the Phase Shift converter. This will convert an encrypted mogg audio file into a single-track audio file. You can ignore the rest of the generated files.

You can then us Magma to open the CON, replace the mogg with the single-track audio and re-build the CON.

I am not sure but you might also replace the audio directly using C3 CON Tools.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button