Reassign Songs To A Different ‘game_origin’

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    EzloDQ
    Participant

I am attempting to organize all of my songs into different categories. For instance, I downloaded the original version of “Paranoid” from the database and edited the .dta so that it will show up under RB1 like the original release. Can official DLC also be reorganized in this fashion?

I bought “Run To The Hills (Original Version)” and am attempting to do the same thing. After a couple of hours of clearing cache, rebuilding, editing several different ways, I can only get it to show up under ‘Downloaded’ and not ‘Rock Band 1’ in game. Is that data stored somewhere else in the CON file that I could edit?

Here is the original, unedited songs.dta that I am attempting to manipulate into being ‘Rock Band 1’ source.

(runtothehills2
      (name “Run to the Hills (Original Version)”)
      (artist “Iron Maiden”)
      (master TRUE)
      (context 725)
      (song
      (name songs/runtothehills2/runtothehills2)
      (tracks
      ((drum (0 1 2 3 4))
      (bass 5)
      (guitar (6 7))
      (vocals (8 9))
      )
      )
      ; K SN CYMBALS BS GUITAR VOCALS TRACKS
      (pans ( 0.0 -1.0 1.0 -1.0 1.0 0.0 -1.0 1.0 -1.0 1.0 -1.0 1.0 ))
      (vols ( -0.5 -3.0 -3.0 -4.5 -4.5 -4.0 -5.0 -5.0 -3.0 -3.0 -5.0 -5.0 ))
      (cores ( -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 1 1 -1 -1 -1 -1 ))
      (drum_solo
      (seqs (kick.cue snare.cue tom1.cue tom2.cue crash.cue))
      )
      (drum_freestyle
      (seqs (kick.cue snare.cue hat.cue ride.cue crash.cue))
      )
      (midi_file songs/runtothehills2/runtothehills2.mid)
      )
      (song_scroll_speed 2300)
      (bank sfx/tambourine_bank.milo)
      (anim_tempo kTempoFast)
      (preview 69752 99752)
      (rank
      (drum 463)
      (guitar 450)
      (bass 451)
      (vocals 322)
      (band 524)
      )
      (genre metal)
      (decade the80s)
      (vocal_gender male)

(format 3)
      (version 3) ; Only modified by coders!
      (fake {== $SONG_VERSION 0})
      (downloaded TRUE)

(album_art TRUE) ; if TRUE, the actual album art will be required
      (year_released 1982)
      (album_name “Flight 666: Rock Band Edition”) ; OPTIONAL (e.g. for covers)
      (album_track_number 6) ; OPTIONAL (would require album_name if added). If omitted Set Challenges use difficulty sorting.
      (pack_name “Iron Maiden Pack 01”) ; OPTIONAL
      (base_points 680039)
      )

Fat Halpert
      Participant

I tried to do the same thing awhile back. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the origin for early DLC is provided by the disc. So even if you add “RB1” to the origin, it will be overruled by the information on the disc.

You can reach me on Discord: Fat Halpert#3165

dr waffles
        Participant

So short answer: RB3 DLC (as far as I know) can have the song source changed, but pre-RB3 can’t.

Ii had this very same issue, i can’t find my old thread but basically after not getting a response I thought about WHY some DLC can’t be recategorized (run to the hills and tom sawyer), and some can (the RB3 versions of the bon jovi songs). Basically there is likely a dta file for nearly every pre-RB3 DLC song in the RB3 disc itself, and since those dta files say what the songs source is, and because these files seem to always have priority over whatever files we throw at it, the songs will always be categorized as DLC.

EzloDQ
          Participant

So in theory, if one were to extract the RB3 files, modify them, and reinject them, would it be possible to change the source of pre RB3 DLC? Not a huge deal but it is kind of annoying having 57 RB1 songs and 1 that is under downloaded that I know should round it to 58.

regularjphn
            Participant

I don’t think any modification of the RB3 on-disc files is necessary in this case, as changing the song ID in the CON file should be enough to prevent the game from loading the baked-in DTA files. Just make sure to use an ID not already used by another song – something like “runntothehills” or anything with an extra letter would work.

EzloDQ
              Participant

I don’t think any modification of the RB3 on-disc files is necessary in this case, as changing the song ID in the CON file should be enough to prevent the game from loading the baked-in DTA files. Just make sure to use an ID not already used by another song – something like “runntothehills” or anything with an extra letter would work.

I just came back here to say it would work to just rename everything in the .dta with a different, unused name. I can’t wait to try it out! Thanks for verifying my epiphany lol

EzloDQ
                Participant

Just make sure to use an ID not already used by another song – something like “runntothehills” or anything with an extra letter would work.

would this include using a different line for (song_ID ******)?

And while we’re on the subject, is there any type of code for Rock Band Blitz titles? (game_origin rbb) or something?

regularjphn
                  Participant

would this include using a different line for (song_ID ******)?

And while we’re on the subject, is there any type of code for Rock Band Blitz titles? (game_origin rbb) or something?

As far as I know from doing this myself an added song_id line is necessary – make sure it matches the new name chosen for everything else. Rock Band Blitz songs are classified as rb3_dlc and don’t have their own unique code unfortunately.

dr waffles
                    Participant

the Blitz songs are just treated as DLC, same as the 20 RB2 bonus tracks.

I just came back here to say it would work to just rename everything in the .dta with a different, unused name. I can’t wait to try it out! Thanks for verifying my epiphany lol

so by “everything” would that just be, using your dta file above as an example: runtothehills2/runtothehills2, and then rename the .mid file? or is it even simpler than that?

EzloDQ
                      Participant

so by “everything” would that just be, using your dta file above as an example: runtothehills2/runtothehills2, and then rename the .mid file? or is it even simpler than that?

I am still working through which method works. I managed to take the download version of ‘Spoonman’ and make it go into ‘Rock Band 2’ by renaming all files (.mid, .mogg, milo_xbox, and png_xbox) to the new name and then changing every line of ‘spoonman2’ to the new name as well. Finally changed (game_origin rb3_dlc) to (game_origin rb2). I did not have to change the song_id line. I am still working on run to the hills since it was an older DLC, the format for songs.dta file is a bit different. Also has a longer file name so I was trying to shorten it up.

I will post an update soon!

EzloDQ
                        Participant

@dr waffles

The songs.dta file for the downloaded version of Run To The Hills, was missing a few lines that I had to add in. In the original file, I had to change:

(context 725) —> (song_id 725)

and also had to add a line near the bottom

(downloaded TRUE) —> (downloaded TRUE)

(game_origin rb1)

I changed all instances of ‘runtothehills2’ to my new chosen name (which was ‘runtorb1’ to avoid longer file names)

This includes the very top line, the name location (songs/runtorb1/runtorb1), and the location of .mid file (midi_file songs/runtorb1/runtorb1.mid)

Once all of that was changed, I renamed the folder structure to match the new name.

runtorb1/
                          gen/
                          runtorb1.milo_xbox
                          runtorb1_keep.png_xbox
                          runtorb1_weights.bin
                          runtorb1.mid
                          runtorb1.mogg
                          runtorb1.pan
                          runtorb1.usr
                          runtorb1.vnn
                          runtorb1.voc
                          runtorb1.xvocab

I’m sure I probably went a little overboard with what was actually required, but I don’t care enough to eliminate one change at a time to see what the minimal changes required are, since I only had to do 2 songs.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Back to top button