RB3 Disc Installation Question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I recall posting about this somewhere on SH, but I don’t believe a conclusion was reached. The question I have is:

If you install a pre-TU5 Rock Band 3 disc on an Xbox hard drive, will a newer disc with TU5 run off of that install?

This is an interesting concept because it would mean that new people could play customs even without the old discs. My friend is one such case. He does not own anything Xbox right now, so in order for him to pick up custom songs he would need to find (and most likely pay through the nose for) an old copy of RB3 in addition to hunting down instruments. If this idea works, I could just install my copy of RB3 on his hard drive, then he could play with a new disc.

I think this may also be a issue for some people in the future. Let’s assume that one of our authors on here breaks a disc. Would they need to specifically buy a pre-TU5 disc or can they run a new disc off of their previous install?

I may just buy a cheap RB3 to test this myself, but I’m curious as to whether or not someone has already done so.

Farottone
    Keymaster

Haven’t tried it but I suppose it’s worth a shot.

PikminGuts92
      Participant

It doesn’t work. I recently bought a copy of RB3 with TU5 and tried it out myself. It’ll just run off the disc.

Oddbrother
        Participant

Most likely because of version checking from both sources, I assume.

Gigakoops
          Participant

IDK if this’ll help, but I have both the Games On Demand version and a disc I bought the week of release. I use the disc version for customs, and have TU4 for it. Customs work there. The GOD version will not recognize them, though.

It doesn’t work. I recently bought a copy of RB3 with TU5 and tried it out myself. It’ll just run off the disc.

This is most unfortunate, but it’s another question answered I guess.

C16

It seems no matter which version you run, it always runs off the data on disc/on program before searching for supplementary data/information. That’s why, I’m guessing, is impossible to change any dta data for the RB3 songs, which is something I’d like to do.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button