RB1 Customs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Are Rock Band 1 customs actually possible to do? if they are, can someone show me how to?

apricot
    Participant

Only possible way is through JTAG if I recall correctly

Reason why is because if you take a look at the RB1 dlc files, they do have some extra files that pretty much no one knows about and what their functions are. So CON building already seems irrelevant from that. It’s also been tested before if cons could work but from what I know, they would crash the game or just never show up in the song library.

VreyIsGrey
      Participant

If I recall, you could do it on PS3 with a hacking tool. I think a PS3 was used for this video:

You can also play them online, as shown in this video:

Yeah as said in other post, you need a modded console, though you should be able to do it on any (of the 3 consoles) as long as the file structure is correct (and you have the extra files if needed for the specific game).

There’s no guide on it afaik, the best guide is looking at an official DLC you own and go from there. (From the files on your own console, not random ones on the internet)

There was also things done on TB:RB and RB2.

I think these are the tools used to make this happen. There may be more, I haven’t actually done it myself.

https://github.com/mtolly/convert-rb2

https://github.com/mtolly/onyxite-customs

PikminGuts92
        Participant

Well you can probably accomplish it on any platform as long as you’re using a hacked console. RB1 uses a different format for lipsync so I have no idea how you’d get that working. All of the venue events will need to be translated too. Most of the fields in the DTA file are the same but some will need to be updated or removed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Back to top button