Radiohead: Rock Band

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Inspired by the various other band-centered projects that other users have started, I decided to embark on my own journey through a band’s discography. Why Radiohead? My thought process was essentially this: “well, Radiohead is pretty much my favorite band, and they’re also probably the biggest currently-active band in the world right now, so… I guess my choice should be pretty obvious.” (I mean, Modest Mouse was close. Maybe I’ll do them later…) Okay, that’s enough fluff.

Radiohead is a band that has received huge amounts acclaim throughout their 20+ year career. Their debut, while containing what’s still their most popular song, pales in comparison to their later work. Their sophomore effort, The Bends, built greatly on the same themes as their debut and was a truly brilliant record, but even that seemed insignificant compared to OK Computer, which is simply the most groundbreaking alternative rock album of all time – many even consider it to be the greatest album of all time. And while they could have taken that success and went on to make essentially just OK Computer v2.0, instead they decided to fuck with everyone and release an experimental, mostly-electronic masterwork known as Kid A, with no lead singles to warn of what was to come. Many were outraged – “where’s the guitars?!?!”, they cried. “This isn’t rock like the other albums!!”, they moaned. “Unlistenable, pathetic (etc.),” you get the idea. I mean, just look at the 1-star Amazon reviews for the album. Anyway, it was eventually hailed as a masterpiece, yada yada yada, they released a lot of other albums after that and those were all really good too and they’ve constantly changed up their sound and headed in new directions, yep, oh and they just released a new one recently, blah blah blah, okay, backstory over.

The goal of this project is to release a majority of Radiohead’s greatest songs for Rock Band with polished, full band charts. Over 50 songs are planned to be charted across the nine albums in their discography, and they will be released in packs by album. Pablo Honey will come first, followed by The Bends, etc. Kid A and In Rainbows will be completed as full albums, and as you may be aware, I have already released OK Computer as a full album. B-sides and other tunes that aren’t from the main albums are not within the scope of this project, though they may be later released as “DLCs” or something like that.

If you’re not already familiar with the band, then I hope that this project will spark an interest in them as you follow Radiohead’s progression throughout each release. Also, note that Radiohead: Rock Band will not be the only thing I’ll work on – between each Radiohead pack, I’ll still drop other releases from a variety of artists as usual.

Click here to view the Radiohead: Rock Band spreadsheet

The spreadsheet shows what songs have been charted, how complete they are, and what songs are planned to be released, all neat and organized and pretty and colorful.

Alternatively, check here for a summary of what’s coming up:

• “You”
    • “Stop Whispering”
    • “Anyone Can Play Guitar” (Live at the MTV Beach House)
    • “Blow Out”

• “Planet Telex”
    • “The Bends”
    • “Fake Plastic Trees” (update)
    • “(Nice Dream)”
    • “Just” (update)
    • “Street Spirit (Fade Out)” (update)

• “Everything in Its Right Place”
    • “Kid A”
    • “The National Anthem”
    • “How to Disappear Completely”
    • “Treefingers”
    • “Optimistic”
    • “In Limbo”
    • “Idioteque”
    • “Morning Bell”
    • “Motion Picture Soundtrack”

• “Packt Like Sardines in a Crushd Tin Box”
    • “Pyramid Song”
    • “Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors”
    • “I Might Be Wrong”
    • “Knives Out”
    • “Dollars and Cents”
    • “Life in a Glasshouse”

• “2 + 2 = 5”
    • “Sit Down. Stand Up.”
    • “Sail to the Moon.”
    • “Go to Sleep.”
    • “Where I End and You Begin.”
    • “The Gloaming.”
    • “There There.”
    • “A Punchup at a Wedding.”
    • “Myxomatosis.”
    • “A Wolf at the Door.”

• “15 Step” (update)
    • “Bodysnatchers”
    • “Weird Fishes/Arpeggi” (update)
    • “All I Need”
    • “Faust Arp”
    • “House of Cards”
    • “Jigsaw Falling into Place”
    • “Videotape”

• “Bloom”
    • “Lotus Flower”
    • “Codex”
    • “Separator”

• “Burn the Witch”
    • “Daydreaming”
    • “Decks Dark”
    • “Ful Stop”
    • “Identikit”
    • “Present Tense”
    • “True Love Waits”

AJFOne23
    Participant

all those intricate venues. my sympathies :cripes:

You god amongst men, tackling my favorite band. Let me know if you need any help on the drums/guitar/bass side of things.

Oh hey, someone else with a MLAATR avatar.

Oh hey, someone else with a MLAATR avatar.

I’d post a high-five gif if I had one

DemonUnicorns
      Participant

I have purchased and listened to a couple Radiohead albums (The Bends and OK Computer). It will be awesome to get some more of their material!

AJFOne23
        Participant

I can’t wait to learn how to disappear completely.

Mandrag
          Participant

Whoa, this is just amazing. Radiohead is pretty much my favourite still active band, and you are doing a discography project. Bless you sir!

another great project to look forward too the updated in rainbows especially Jigsaw and cant wait for Pyramid Song ,Knives Out , just soooo many fantastic tracks from 1 of my favourite bands , will look forward to this discovery with anticipation, also the different direction each album takes is something to be admired by a very under estimated group of musicians

Thank You Bearz :golfclap:

Farottone
            Keymaster

Just dropped in to say this is awesome.

Yo, serious this is beyond fucking cool dude. That fuckin YouTube video of Paranoid Android was the only reason i needed to buy an Xbox. SO hyped to get the chance to play anything else. So much potential in the catalog, so many styles of blended rock & electronic that make each album a completely fresh experience with their trademark flavor.. Perfect group for a rock band semi-discography, from Pablo Honey, which I’ve never listened to in full, to Kid A and Amnesiac, which I’ve clocked in at least a hundred times each. Something for everyone lol

Really interested to see what you come up with King of Limbs. it SEEMS like it’d be very out of place in rock band, it’s verrry electronic-y but the hypnotic and oddly mesmerizing nature to it would be a blast to play. Looking forward to ALL of it no doubt, wayyy too hard to play favorites..

Not mapping Hunting Bears though, bold move BearzUnlimited..

The Pablo Honey pack has been released! I didn’t really think things through and don’t know what to do in this thread aside from bumping it, so see the OP of my main thread for all the details.

Basedjayz
              Participant

Awesome!! Was hoping for someone to chart Lotus Flower and update some songs from the bends! Thank you!!

Derek
                Participant

Doing God’s work. Thank you for everything – present and future.

Thomas
                  Participant

Seeing this makes me so happy. Thank you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Back to top button