Quick trimming / deleting songs and adding to collection

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    YougottaMove1999
    Participant

Look this will prob. be something most of you know already, but I just started doing things a little different, and it has started saving me tons of time; so, if it helps you also, I’ll consider this a great thing. Gonna be honest, I first started playing customs on PS3, and if you are doing that, just switch. Having a song crash the entire system, and then you have to go find it, is the biggest pain ever (2k songs trying to find the new bad apple = nightmare), spend the $150 on an Xbox + game disc (not madcatz or brand outside of Harmonix), and you will get 0 crashes unless you don’t wipe the cache when adding new songs. Now! Here is my recommendation:

Don’t Use the customs search for genre (while in c3 site looking), a good 80% are mislabeled (if that) and you are prob. gonna miss out on songs that you are going to love. Just bite the bullet and go thru the alphabet, you can do it in about 8 total hours. It is worth it!!!! 2. after you got all your songs, use con tools and “batch rename,” & rename everything “artist, the” with spaces (or not but searching is easier with). I didn’t do this before, and when trying to find songs to delete was a huge pain in the ass, people name songs with some weird names that do not make logical sense. This way it’s supper easy. Group songs into folders (picfolder structure) and keep it under 300 songs, from there you are going to use con tools “pack creator” to create packs (loads in seconds instead of min), and the Limit for total songs is 2952.

Now, when deleting songs, go thru your songs while playing (or total alphabet is easier), and just open the folder of the letter of songs, and you can just scroll thru the songs (while in the folder). I even was, searching in the entire folder structure (by artist or songs if it couldn’t find it), and that was taking more time than the other way. Think like 3x, Hope this helps with time saved. Honestly, you can get thru an entire letter in about 45min of listening to everything, and then 15 to delete. Serously that like 3 beers or 2 cocktails.

What the world needs now...is more disco. And, let's ban percussion sections, does anyone like them? NO! Having a spot to enjoy the song, and more importantly, go drab a refill on your drink is wayyy better, without grunting into your mic (had to find the hard way main button works insanely better - not in manual). Plus, stop it with the crazy intense background, you can't read the lyrics. You know who you are, stop giving the kids seizures. not cool. Also, the Novelty genre should be abolished, and disco

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Back to top button