Question about song size

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    seg45
    Participant

1. First when Magma tells me to put audio for the song, i’m obligated to put in for all instruments the song has authored. Is there a way to include just one audio with no silent audio?

2. Second when the actual song is built, it is 51.4 mb large. I use the wii so I cant run any songs that are larger than 40 mb. The song is 40 minutes long but it only has guitar and drums. Is there any way to make it smaller while keeping it the same length?

akaisenshi
      Participant

1. First when Magma tells me to put audio for the song, i’m obligated to put in for all instruments the song has authored. Is there a way to include just one audio with no silent audio?

2. Second when the actual song is built, it is 51.4 mb large. I use the wii so I cant run any songs that are larger than 40 mb. The song is 40 minutes long but it only has guitar and drums. Is there any way to make it smaller while keeping it the same length?

1) No. The purpose of muted tracks is to fill in the instruments that don’t have separate audio. The way around this is to render one muted audio file the same length as your actual audio file and use that to fill in all applicable instruments. You should only be putting actual audio in the backing track if your song doesn’t have stems (most customs).

2) The big file size could be a result of your song being too loud (i.e. +5db) or the audio quality in Magma being more than 5.

FujiSkunk
        Keymaster

1) No. The purpose of muted tracks is to fill in the instruments that don’t have separate audio. The way around this is to render one muted audio file the same length as your actual audio file and use that to fill in all applicable instruments. You should only be putting actual audio in the backing track if your song doesn’t have stems (most customs).

Actually you can get away with using silent tracks shorter than the song. This is why MagmaC3 comes with a collection of silent audio tracks you can use for “stems”.

seg45
          Participant

But there is no exact fix for the big size?

FujiSkunk
            Keymaster

But there is no exact fix for the big size?

Using shorter silent segments would help, but 51MB is actually pretty good compression for a 40-minute song already. The fact that it’s only guitar and drums doesn’t really matter, since OGG tends to compress with similar ratios no matter how complex the audio itself actually is. So, you’re probably not going to see a much smaller file size than that.

Is 51MB what you get when Magma finishes, or is it what you get when you run the CON through the Wii converter? Usually the Wii converter shrinks files a bit. If it doesn’t shrink the song below 40MB, there are some other known ways to make songs smaller on the Wii, though I can’t recite them from memory since I have yet to really do much RB3 hacking on the Wii. You may find some additional tips and tricks here, where our resident Wii experts have been helping people.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button