Question about drum kits/keyboards

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    pumpkinpie
    Participant

I didnt realize you had to switch instruments so when i first hooked up the MPA, it was on Keyboards for the longest time !!

i did finally manage to get it to work on the weekend, i tried re-mapping and fooling around with the port mapping, switched the midi cable (I had the midi out going to the MPA but upon closer look it said “go to midi out”) so after all that it works.

Problem now is that double hits dont always register properly so i need to fiddle around with that but at least we are making progress !

Yeah, the hardest thing for drummers is to set sensitivity… Play with the “roulette” untill you get it right, nothing else you can do

pumpkinpie
      Participant

do you mean adjust the sensitivity on the MPA or the drum kit itself ?

I think I read somewhere that the DM6 doesnt have sensitivity/crosstalk adjustment

also i am just using the drumsticks that came with the rb set – would that make a difference at all ?

On the MPA. I don’t think the DM6 has adjustable toms and whatnot…

I don’t think the drumsticks makes a difference to be honest, but I’m not a drummer so I don’t know really lol

pumpkinpie
        Participant

Thanks – i think i did roll the sensitivity from one extreme to the other when trying to get it working so it is probably on the highest setting which may be the cause.

Will try again tonight – thanks for all your help on this !

I never used drums with the MPA, but I’ve heard from drummers that even moving the roulette one milimeter can make the difference. If you find the sweet spot, don’t ever touch it XD

Kaktusdude
          Participant

I am sure you found this already, but this is the tutorial I found and follow. Works most of the time…sometimes I have to monkey with it to get it to connect. I always get the drums working before adding other instruments and mics…

http://youtu.be/z8Nr5O50DsM

I run a Yamaha DTX 502 through midi ox/laptop and MPA. If you are still having some issues I might be able to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button