Question about customs for live versions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ataeaf
    Participant

If a live version of a song is already in Rock Band, can I make a custom of a different live version
      (eg, the version of I Want You To Want Me that was in Band Hero, Rock and Roll All Nite from Alive!)?

Bansheeflyer

As long as it’s a different version than the official HMX release, you can chart it.

I would assume you can as long as it’s not the same as the DLC version

I’d think so, although I have no examples of people doing this. I know you can do studio versions of live tracks that were released as DLC, such as The Boys Are Back In Town or Come As You Are.

Farottone
        Keymaster
          ataeaf
          Participant

So I guess that means all we’ll ever have of Rock and Roll All Nite is that shitty live version that is available as DLC and not the good one.

Personally, I’d champion the allowing of charting of alternate live versions as long as they are distinguished from the ones in Rock Band. [e.g., Rock and Roll All Nite (Live: Alive!)]

Bansheeflyer

Oh right, separate live versions are excluded. I rarely like live versions over studio recordings and don’t plan on charting one myself so I don’t usually think about it.

samjjones
              Participant

Oh right, separate live versions are excluded. I rarely like live versions over studio recordings and don’t plan on charting one myself so I don’t usually think about it.

I think this is right in 99.9% of the instances. Studio is nearly always better.

Unless it’s Peter Frampton, Cheap Trick, or KISS.

FujiSkunk
                Keymaster

…or Lindsey Buckingham.

Good luck charting his guitar, though!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Back to top button