Purchase DLC for use on ‘jailbroken’ console

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi guys, I did have a squizz about but couldn’t see an answer on here. Apologies if this has been asked already:

IS there any way to get official RB DLC for a console that is not able to go online?

So, hypothetically, if my Sony or MS console was ‘jailbroken’ or my account was banned and I was no longer able to go online and purchase new DLC, is it possible for me to still get it? I’m not talking about pirating the software by the way, I’m more than happy to pay for the DLC.

I’ll be honest, I’m purely after Lil Nas X as this song may currently be my only way of getting my daughter into Rock Band!

Thanks

regularjphn
    Participant

I’m fairly certain every method out there for getting DLC officially requires access to the respective console store, including track pack and full game exports.

TrojanNemo
      Participant

I think you may be out of luck. This would require the same process used for pirating so probably can’t be discussed here.

EDIT: And just to add before I get a PM – I don’t even know that such a process exists. I haven’t kept up with current gen consoles and jailbreaking them.

there is a way if you want to purchase the song. if your account is banned make a new account . your machine can go online banned or not. dl the bought song using the new id that is not banned. leave new id kicking around. as long as you have the new id on the machine all ids can use it.

Maxton
        Participant

It used to be possible to transfer legally purchased DLC from an updated PS4 to a jailbreak-able 5.05 PS4, if you were signed into the same PSN account on both systems. However, starting sometime between 6.00 and 7.00 the rights information file format has been updated and this is no longer possible.

If a jailbreak is released for a newer firmware it may become possible again.

VreyIsGrey
          Participant

Plus, I’m highly sure it’s not even possible on XB1. So good luck.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button