Puits sans fond from Vulgaires machins : A new Québec song in Rock Band!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Fou du Village
    Participant

Hey everyone! I’m Fou du village, or L’Arçonneur (L’Arçonneur in the database)

Québec has great musicians known all around the world (Simple Plan, Céline Dion, Voivoid, …), but some Quebec artists are mostly popular in Quebec (partly due to the french language). As there are almost none of them in the database, I’m aiming at charting songs that falls in this category : “Des chansons québecoises pour les québécois” (Quebec songs for Quebecers). About 8 years ago, I charted my first custom “Tant qu’on aura de l’amour” from “Les cowboys fringants”. Today, I’m sharing a new song : Puits sans fonds from Vulgaires machins.

Puits sans fond from Fou du village

Needless to say, in 8 years, I basically forgot everything about charting. So I read all the docs again and watched a few videos to create a good quality custom. However, it’s not perfect. I’m pretty proud of my vocals and harmonies, but some guitar/bass note choices feels a bit “off” (not with the tempo, but the chosen color). It’s not that I didn’t take the time to choose the best notes, it’s just that the process of wrapping all those notes in 5 notes is really hard and sometimes I just couldn’t find any solution to make it better. Same thing with the song ending drums fill : Something feels a bit off, but I couldn’t find any other idea. In this regard, for the guitar/bass/drums note choices, I’m open to suggestions!

Also, reductions are CAT-only and I didn’t set the practice sections.

I want to say that I had to do my tempo mapping at least 4 four times (and chart the vocals 2 times because of the 3rd time I had to redo it). The first time I redid the tempo mapping was just because I couldn’t locate the measure peaks in the chorus (and assumed it was at 127 bpm). When I tested, it was super off. So I redid it. The second time was because I did a mistake in the tempo at one point in the song. I couldn’t find a way to only fix this specific error without having to redo all the tempo mapping again. The third time was because I probably accidentally pressed the Q key of my keyboard at some point while charting vocals… So yeah… Overall, my charting experience was quite a nightmare, BUT now, knowing all that, I feel (and hope) that my next custom will be way more easier! That being said, any advices in this regard for my custom journey would be greatly appreciated 😉

Cheers :)!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Back to top button