“Proud Mary” harmonies fix for RBHP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MFX
    Participant

As mentioned previously, one of the Title Updates overrides the metadata changes that RB:HP makes to allow for 3-part harmonies, sending it back to solo vocals only.

We’ve already known that you could fiddle with the values in the songcache file via a hex editor to get the harmonies working again, but I’ve recently made it a little easier by creating a script to make this fix using my “CacheTools” utility.

Check out this thread for details. The “Proud Mary” script is already there in the zip download.

(NOTE: Alpha-release software! Use at your own risk!)

Sideshow
      Participant

Is this the only song that is known to not be patcheable to have Harmonies using the standard RBHP upgrading method?

StackOverflow0x
        Participant

It is definitely an anomaly. On-disc, they originally had it to be upgraded for harmonies. Probably because it was a test song for harmonies and its leftover folder is still on the Wii version’s disc. Then updates fixed it because it didn’t actually have an upgraded midi on the disc, so the game would crash. But, midi overrides can’t override disc overrides. Except apparently through this cache way because presumably, after the DTA upgrades cancel each other out, the resulting harmony value is stored in the cache and then it can be manually written to show the correct harmony parts for RBHP.

MFX
          Participant

@Espher himself would have a better grasp on what other songs might have similar issues, but this is the only one I’ve ever seen confirmed here.

(And the only one that I’ve seen in my own RBHP upgrades, but then again I only have like 600+ songs of exports and DLC, so I’m not an extensive test case!)

Sideshow
            Participant

This is great information. I didn’t even realize Proud Mary had a problem with harmonies in the past.

Good to know. I’m not much of a harmonies singer, but I like having my library sorted out as best as I can make it, so I do appreciate this. Before, I simply repacked the song with a different internal name and song id, which meant none of my old scores were saved. This is clearly better, but has to be done each time I reset my song cache, which is fairly regularly.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button