Problem with accents when I test .mid with Magma

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    TheWay123
    Participant

So, when I test out my .mid in Magma, for some reason it spits out errors related to the accents I added to PART VOCALS, even though HARM1 has the exact same accents.

ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART VOCALS): Lyric “ción” at [38:3:000] has bad character 0x00b3 at position 4

ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART VOCALS): Lyric “ción” at [42:3:200] has bad character 0x00b3 at position 4
      ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART VOCALS): Lyric “rí-” at [95:4:300] has bad character 0x00ad at position 3
      ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART VOCALS): Lyric “ún” at [116:2:400] has bad character 0x00ba at position 2
      ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART VOCALS): Lyric “ún” at [124:3:080] has bad character 0x00ba at position 2
      ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART VOCALS): Lyric “ños” at [171:3:280] has bad character 0x00b1 at position 2

This is the log. It’s probably related to the encoding, although I encoded the mid’s text events in UTF-8.

If anybody could help me out with this, I would be really grateful.

EDIT: Welp. Encoding in UTF-8 was exactly my problem. Sorry for worrying you guys.

One of the community managers and the main tournament organizer over at SpinShare. Also somewhat decent at charting for RB3 I think.

Sorry for worrying you guys.

TheWay123
      Participant

Well, after I compiled Avalancha without encoding it in UTF-8, the special characters were replaced with underscores, so I was stumped.

But after I decided to check “Encode text events in .mid in UTF-8” a second time in Preferences, that seemed to work!

Well. This is awkward.

One of the community managers and the main tournament organizer over at SpinShare. Also somewhat decent at charting for RB3 I think.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Back to top button