Pro Guitar/Bass Magma error invalid velocity 0

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Sideshow
    Participant

I’m trying to get a Pro Guitar/Bass chart compiled for a custom and I get these velocity errors for most of the notes. Can anybody help me to fix these errors with Reaper using the quickest method possible?

PART REAL_GUITAR: MIDI note 96 at [3] has invalid velocity 0.

PART REAL_GUITAR: MIDI note 108 at [3] has invalid velocity 0.

PART REAL_GUITAR: MIDI note 98 at [3] has invalid velocity 0.

PikminGuts92
      Participant

Pro guitar/bass note placement is based on note velocity. If you don’t know how to adjust it in REAPER, you probably shouldn’t be authoring it. For the pro guitar/bass tracks, the valid velocity ranges for the playable notes and left hand position are between 100-117 (or 100-122 for “_22” variants). To adjust the velocity of a note in REAPER, highlight the note(s) then right-click and scroll down to the bottom and select “Note velocity” to choose a valid range.

Sideshow
        Participant
          Pro guitar/bass note placement is based on note velocity. If you don’t know how to adjust it in REAPER, you probably shouldn’t be authoring it. For the pro guitar/bass tracks, the valid velocity ranges for the playable notes and left hand position are between 100-117 (or 100-122 for “_22” variants). To adjust the velocity of a note in REAPER, highlight the note(s) then right-click and scroll down to the bottom and select “Note velocity” to choose a valid range.

Thanks for the info.

UPDATE: So this Pro/Guitar Bass charts seem to have note lengths that are very small. I’m talking smaller than 1/128 in size. I tried to quantize all the notes to make them longer but Magma still doesn’t like them. Deleting each note and re adding them as say 1/32 notes fixes the problem but I’m not going through 4000 notes to fix this chart. If there was a quick way in Reaper to highlight all the notes and fix them then that would be awesome.

i’m having the same problem. i cant find any notes in reaper that actually have velocity 0. i’ve tried lots of things, but this bug persists.

all my velocities are in the 100 – 114 range, the song isnt tricky… there are no extra notes, i’ve triple checked everything… if anyone manages to figure this out, i’d love to know whats up.

PikminGuts92
          Participant
            UPDATE: So this Pro/Guitar Bass charts seem to have note lengths that are very small. I’m talking smaller than 1/128 in size. I tried to quantize all the notes to make them longer but Magma still doesn’t like them. Deleting each note and re adding them as say 1/32 notes fixes the problem but I’m not going through 4000 notes to fix this chart. If there was a quick way in Reaper to highlight all the notes and fix them then that would be awesome.

Sounds like it was exported from EOF. I don’t know why quantizing wouldn’t work. Did you “commit” the changes? Double check that the notes are correct by re-importing the exported MIDI into REAPER. Since this is not a pro g/b specific technique, there’s probably already info on quantizing in past threads.

i’m having the same problem. i cant find any notes in reaper that actually have velocity 0. i’ve tried lots of things, but this bug persists.

all my velocities are in the 100 – 114 range, the song isnt tricky… there are no extra notes, i’ve triple checked everything… if anyone manages to figure this out, i’d love to know whats up.

Switch the view in REAPER to event list to easily view the velocity of all notes. You can even filter by velocity too.

raynebc
            Participant

Keep in mind if you do use EOF to author pro guitar upgrades, you still should follow Rock Band guidelines and give notes an appropriate length. If you leave notes at the minimum 1ms length, they export as being 1 or 2 deltas long and apparently Reaper doesn’t like that. I’ve made several pro upgrades in EOF and they all worked flawlessly in-game, but then again I never had a reason to work with them in a MIDI editor afterward.

thanx for the help so far guys, but unfortunately this problem persists.

i did indeed import from EoF.

first i tried quantizing in reaper to extend all the notes. that didnt change anything. so i went back to EoF and extended the notes in there, re-saved, pulled the new midi into reaper, and the problem is the same.

i’ve checked the event view. all notes have correct velocities (“value”, in the event view) of 100 – 114 or so. all notes have a length of at least 0.0.12, which is 1/32 note on the grid.

TrojanNemo
              Participant

Why don’t you just post the MIDI? It’s incredibly difficult to provide any meaningful help in this way, one piece of information at a time.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Tjlj … sp=sharing

there it is. thats the file saved by EoF. the last thing i just tried was adding length to the REAL_GUITAR_22 notes, because i wasnt trying to actually use those, but figured maybe it was causing problems.

currently the easier difficulties are just copied down from expert to keep the compiler from complaining, but that shouldnt affect this issue? hopefully?

thanx for any and all help, guys.

Sideshow
                Participant

Good to know I’m not the only one having problems. Here is my midi with Pro Guitar/Bass charts if you need further testing material Nemo:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9zr3n … t+eyes.mid

TrojanNemo
                  Participant

Stop stopping my break, OK? Redownload Magma from the thread and try with that.

But sadly there are the all too common missing root note and missing left hand animation errors that require more work on the pro charts before MagmaCompiler will accept them. But I’m sure PikminGuts92 can help you with that.

is there anywhere to get older versions, just for personal testing purposes? i see this velocity check wasnt added until very recently, and i’d love to dig around and try different options.

TrojanNemo
                    Participant

Nope. I do way too much work on updating these tools to keep old versions around, sorry.

Sideshow
                      Participant

The velocity errors are gone but now I get “No root note set to gem” errors as expected. I also have a really dumb question. I have both part real guitar/bass and part real guitar/bass 22 tracks in my midi yet when I press build on Magma, it tells me “Found part real guitar 22 without a part real guitar.” Something I’m missing here?

well… i poked at this stuff for a few more hours, and i seem to have made it work? partly?

re-installing magma to a totally different drive with clean config made the ‘velocity 0’ error go away, but it kinda came back in an odd form… after running the midi thru the cleaner, i got a bunch of ‘invalid velocity 64’ errors. no clue why anything would be set to 64, but… that just kinda went away.

oh well. obviously i still have no idea what i’m doing.

thanx for all attempts at help. =]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Back to top button