Playing custom on Rock Band 2 (PS3)?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello! I looked into playing C3 custom songs on RB2 but and saw that I’d need to edit things for each song. I don’t mind doing that, but just what do I need to do? I’m on PS3 CFW by the way, if that makes a difference in process

You would need to use another DLC (the current method uses the RB2 Free Pack which is only read by RB3).

You have to find a RB2 pack (maybe a single works too? you’d need to test that on your own I guess) that you have the rap file and the klicense for. Once you have gathered that, you have to replace the rap file in /bin/raps corresponding to your region (from the root folder of C3 CON Tools) and then open /bin/klic.txt and replace the original rap file name of the region you are using and the klicense.

That’s only one part of it though, that’s for encrypting the midi with the PS3 converter.

You also need to have RB2 compatible custom songs, and there aren’t that many of them. I have never converted a RB3 custom to RB2 yet, but this might help? https://github.com/mtolly/convert-rb2

Sent additionnal informations in PM.

Thanks for helping, I tested for a song and yep, it worked!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button