Overdrive Fill error

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Divine Smooof
    Participant

I am getting a strange error claiming that a gem should be simultaneous with the end of a drum fill. Problem is, the gem that Magma claims to have a problem with doesn’t exist.

ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART DRUMS): Gem at [107] should be simultaneous with end of drum fill at [107]

Tinkering about reveals that by adjusting the end of the fill will cause various result. Strangely, pulling the fill away from the point I intend it to end can cause it to compile correctly, even if it covers up location [107]. There seems to be some sort of threshold in which Magma starts to register this note.

Farottone
      Keymaster

Check for any time signature issues, namely chewed up measures.

Sideshow
        Participant

I get this error all the time. The notes are probably not aligned to the grid perfectly. If you just delete the notes and re add them into the grid they will probably align to your drum fill markers.

Divine Smooof
          Participant

the time signature remains at 4/4 for the entire song

regarding deleting the notes, I’ve tried that multiple times and it still gives me the error.

if I retract the drum fill markers to around 107.4.75, the error goes away for what I can tell no reason

Try quantizing the notes instead of deleting and replacing them maybe? And try restarting magma and reselecting the midi file before testing it again, if you haven’t already. Make sure you’re using the most recent midi file of course.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button