Outbr3ak’s Customs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Since TrojanNemo is really the only one here who really knows me (well, the most anyways), I’d like to say that while I’m not OFFICIALLY a part of this group (yet), I still plan on releasing some amazing customs.

Now, unlike a lot of you, my musical preference is metal. Mostly relevant post late-90’s melodic, death, black, and progressive metal genres. This is great, seeing as most of you have covered rock, indie, blues, jazz, country, etc. So I’m hoping to fill in that void since metal tends to offshoot the “norm” of music with quick, technical riffs and not-so-simple solos and harmonics. While vocals are relatively easy, it makes up for with the drumming and guitars. Bass is typically rhythm for these types of bands as it sounds more prominent and stands out more than bass, but less than the standard lead guitar.

So with that, I’d like to show off my Customs. They have been released on GH ScoreHero, as well as the FoF Forums. However, since we now have a dedicated RB3 Customs forum, I’d like to get input from the hardcore of us that strive for perfection, want our works noticed, and to collaborate together to make these songs the most enjoyable for EVERYBODY.

I mostly need feedback on these, especially with the Vocals, as I have no personal way to test them and will be off-pitch from actually singing. I usually get someone else to contribute drums and I personally do Guitar/Bass as well. None of my songs have physically authored Venues or lip-sync, but contain everything else for a standard full-band song.

Songs listed are most recent first:

Killswitch Engage- In Due Time

Machine Head- Halo

Killswitch Engage- Light In a Darkened World

Killswitch Engage- Rose of Sharyn

Machinae Supremacy- Crouching Camper Hidden Sniper, Cybergenesis, and Nova Prospekt 3-pack

Eternal Tears of Sorrow- Aeon and Lost Rune of Thunder 2-pack/ Raunchy- Rumors of Worship single song

Those are my customs. I’m sure Aeon has no vocals yet as I had issues with them and will include them soon when they (hopefully) get officially released here. Again, mostly vocals needs adjusted on nearly all of them except Lost Rune of Thunder as it’s all screaming.

Let me know what you guys think!

Farottone
    Keymaster

Hey! I’ll be taking a look at those in the next days, thanks for posting them. I don’t really see an issue with Venue (after all, auto generation can be good enough I suppose) or dry vocals. However, the full band aspect is essential, obviously, bass included.

Metal is something we’re missing, so I’m glad to see we’re getting more metal-oriented authors on board.

TrojanNemo
      Participant

glad to see you made it to the forums. lets get these songs cleaned up and ready to satisfy the “moar metal” group!

glad to see you made it to the forums. lets get these songs cleaned up and ready to satisfy the “moar metal” group!

Thanks. Anyone from the Facebook group knows I have released customs with each release being better than the last. However, my charting style has been praised by metal lovers I suppose, but no one does vocals on metal, so that’s why I said they need polished. I have 0 experience with them. They look accurate in-game, especially my lastest release, In Due Time, but the pitches are more than likely off.

Ill post a list later of what is currently in the works for customs.

I would gladly chart Guitar, Bass, or Drums for any of the Killswitch Engage songs, should they be lacking. I am also going to start charting vocals for some of my songs in a week or so, should you need those as well.

I would gladly chart Guitar, Bass, or Drums for any of the Killswitch Engage songs, should they be lacking. I am also going to start charting vocals for some of my songs in a week or so, should you need those as well.

Well seeing as I already do Guitar and Bass, if you’d like to collaborate on customs with you doing drums it’d be nice. I’d also like your input on Guitar/Bass as well if you have suggestions.

Also, the list below is what I PLAN on doing. I have some mostly accurate charts, but I will have to re-chart a lot of sections in most of them and fix them all up to RB3 standards in terms of instrument-specific prerequisites.

Tentative List:

Atreyu: (All About You Pack)

-Two Become One

-Demonology and Heartache

-The Remembrance Ballad

Children of Bodom: (Anti-Religious Pack)

-Banned From Heaven OR Cry of the Nihilist

-Angels Don’t Kill

-One Day You Will Cry

In Flames: (Run ’til You Die Pack)

-The Jester Race

-Insipid 2000 or Reflect the Storm

-Crawl Through Knives

Killswitch Engage: (Beneath The Shadows Pack)

-In Due Time

-Rose of Sharyn

-A Light In a Darkened World

Trivium: (Ascendancy Pack)

-Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr

-A Gunshot To The Head of Trepidation

-Dying In Your Arms

Sounds good, I can most definitely chart drums and also check guitar and bass. In case you aren’t aware, I also do a lot of the mundane things such as lower difficulties and practice sections. As far as those packs go, I will definitely help with the Killswitch Engage and the Trivium packs since I like all three songs in each. I also like two songs in both the In Flames and the Children of Bodom packs, but I will have to check the third song before I commit to working with either.

The only warning I have is that I may have to change the tempo map on a song or two since the tempo maps are usually based on the drums, which I will be charting. I’ve seen plenty of FoF charts that have time signatures and such to match guitar, then discover they have to be changed to match drums.

Farottone
        Keymaster

The only warning I have is that I may have to change the tempo map on a song or two since the tempo maps are usually based on the drums, which I will be charting. I’ve seen plenty of FoF charts that have time signatures and such to match guitar, then discover they have to be changed to match drums.

A lot of FoF charts don’t have any time signature, that’s the issue. But time signatures are the same of any instrument: they dictate how many beats there are per measure and “how long” is a beat, which is true for any instrument.

A lot of FoF charts don’t have any time signature, that’s the issue. But time signatures are the same of any instrument: they dictate how many beats there are per measure and “how long” is a beat, which is true for any instrument.

I am well aware what a time signature is. What I’m saying is that a lot of FoF charters only chart guitar, so they time signatures are sometimes altered so that the guitar notes line up on measure lines. A common example is when the guitar part has some slight overlap either from one section to the next or after a solo. Many FoF charts will extend the measure to encompass all of the note. What happens then is that a crash or something on drums that denotes the start of a measure is a couple beats early.

I can probably dig up an FoF chart as an example if further explanation is needed.

Farottone
          Keymaster

I am well aware what a time signature is. What I’m saying is that a lot of FoF charters only chart guitar, so they time signatures are sometimes altered so that the guitar notes line up on measure lines. A common example is when the guitar part has some slight overlap either from one section to the next or after a solo. Many FoF charts will extend the measure to encompass all of the note. What happens then is that a crash or something on drums that denotes the start of a measure is a couple beats early.

Yeah, I know. What I mean is that they didn’t use the time signature for guitar, which doesn’t exist, they used whatever combination of BPM and time signatures that made the notes line up nicely, completely fudging the tempo map. So yeah, sometimes you just need to ditch those time signatures and do your own, that’s the moral of the story, as you were pointing out. Something you should do, as you probably know, before doing any vocals because otherwise it will all get messy.

Something you should do, as you probably know, before doing any vocals because otherwise it will all get messy.

I completely agree. Vocals should be the last thing done on a chart. I have been working on a couple of charts for the RB4 Project by v4vendetta, and I had to ditch some of his vocal charts because his tempo map didn’t work for all of the other instruments.

Jdcow45
            Participant

I have “In Due Time” almost finished with the PROPER vocals this time lol. I need a little more time to add in the Harmonies but other than that it is all finished

I have “In Due Time” almost finished with the PROPER vocals this time lol. I need a little more time to add in the Harmonies but other than that it is all finished

Ok. Couldn’t you have just adjusted the pitches though? I hardly changed those at all. Really I just synced up the beginning and ends of the tubes so they were the proper length and matched harmonies. Honestly if you changed the lead vocals, the harmonies would follow. But as far as how they are set up (what’s talkies, singing, etc) were all correct. I just hope you didn’t start from scratch and omit anything that I actually fixed as well, because your original harmonies had a lot of the secondary vocals left out.

Jdcow45
              Participant

You completely altered my pitches on all of the vocals and added a third harmony to the chorus that isn’t there. I purchased a dvd with the album showcasing the making of the song and they only used two sets of vocals on the chorus. But no I am using the chart you put out I just adjusted the pitches to be what they should be (The way I charted them in the first place) also I adjusted the guitar part a bit in some spots because I know how the song is played and changed some of the chord progression to play more accurately. None of this is a bash on you it’s just confusing to me why my vocal chart was altered in such a way. Either way I will release my version on my forum (giving you credit for guitar, bass, unpitched vocals and lower difficulties of course) with the properly charted vocals.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Back to top button