Only Harmonies

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jerry1gman
    Participant

I recently added 2 harmony tracks to one of my songs. While in all instrument mode the PART VOCALS track doesn’t display on the screen. However, when I use only a mic, Solo is an option and it plays the track. Does anybody know what would cause this?

The song is Departure by Trivium. Here is the project files if anyone wants to play it. Drums and all 6 guitars work. Link will become broken once I get a fix for the vocals.

Departure_pack.rar (43.6 M:cool:

Farottone
      Keymaster

PART VOCALS can’t show up in a Harmony environment. PART VOCALS is only playable in Solo mode, PART HARM1/2/3 are only playable in Harmony mode. Does that answer the question or did I get the question wrong?

Jerry1gman
        Participant
          PART VOCALS can’t show up in a Harmony environment. PART VOCALS is only playable in Solo mode, PART HARM1/2/3 are only playable in Harmony mode. Does that answer the question or did I get the question wrong?

Oh, so I need to move 1&2 to 2&3 and copy Part Vocals to HARM1

TrojanNemo
          Participant

Yeah, because Harm1 is essentially Part Vocals. Harm2 and Harm3 are the backing harmonies.

Farottone
            Keymaster
              Yeah, because Harm1 is essentially Part Vocals. Harm2 and Harm3 are the backing harmonies.

Yeah, PART VOCALS is in fact a superset (excellent single word definition I read from Nyx): it’s generally a copy of HARM1 but can encompass more if the song warrants it. Point is, PART VOCALS and PART HARM1/2/3 work in 2 different modes and are all needed for a song with harmonies.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button