Nunchuck and Sygenysis’ Customs Funhouse – April 18, 2018 Sublime, Luniz and Brewer & Shipley

Viewing 15 posts - 2,041 through 2,055 (of 3,780 total)
  • Author

Thanks guys well appreciated as always :golfclap: :golfclap:

Very happy to see Three Dog Night. Thanks!!

Hey there Rockers,
    Happy Monday! We hope you had a great weekend! This release will be a special one. Saturday will mark a huge milestone for us. 500 customs in our thread!!! We have done more than 500 but some were C3, pulled official releases and such. As of Saturday, we will have 500 songs in our thread available for download. This is a huge moment for us! It is hard to believe I’m even typing this for real. The past few years have been magical. We have met so many awesome people, many of which I call my friends now. We have taken an incredible musical journey. It isn’t over, this isn’t a swan song. It is just a monumental occasion for Sy & I, as well as all of you peeps that have been rocking with us for years now. Thank you, you peeps rock!!

To celebrate, this week will feature all live tracks. We have an awesome live line-up. We consider it a concert celebrating 500 songs!!

These are great live tracks. If you are going to say bad things about live recordings, you are missing the point, save your typing. These are big songs from big artists. We hope you dig them, if not there are almost 500 others to chose from, rock on those! This is a celebration! Get your party on!!

Hint for song #1
    – First we have a great band that has never been to the Funhouse before. It comes from an EP. It is my favorite song by the band. It has a quite suggestive title, although it appears to be a noun, not a verb phrase. Other than on a cassette demo, it only was recorded live.

Hint for song #2
    – Next up, one of the biggest bands on the planet with a great live song. There is much talk of this band’s live shows lately. This song is one of my favorites from one of my favorite bands. It come from a great double live CD. Sidd will be happy!!

Hint for song #3
    – This track comes from an American songwriting great. This artist is know for his incredible live shows. The song, like others by the artist, isn’t afraid to tell a hard truth about the violence in his own country. It only existed live for more than 10 years until a studio version was released in 2014.

Hint for song #4
    – Our fourth track this week comes from an influential power/speed metal band. This song comes from a live DVD that was recorded at the inaugural music festival named after the band. Odin and I both dig it!

Hint for song #5
    -Our next offering comes from a very artistic band. The song comes from a 1980’s concert movie and its accompanying soundtrack. In the film, it was mainly aerobic exercising and jogging. This band has many official DLC, but are new to the Funhouse.

Hint for song #6
    – Our finale this week is a song from this Rock and Roll Hall of Fame artist’s first live album. The artist has been bestowed nearly every honor a Canadian singer/songwriter can have. The song was originally written when the singer visited Hawaii.

Let’s see who the “Big Brains” are this week.

Last week we had three “Big Brains”

LightBob (2)

samjjones (1)

TheSheepQueen (1)

Hints Hall of Fame
    ckovanda (3)
    Kemiroch (2)
    Supercharlottesmith (14)
    Boushwa (1)
    MrKnife Guy (3)
    Troipoison (1)
    Clintilona (10)
    Maybe Towelie (10)
    doe138 (1)
    Gep (5)
    Whig Party (50)
    LightBob (15)
    iammax (4)
    SwagApple (1)
    Rockin’ Rindy (3)
    Razorhoof78 (5)
    questionmark (1)
    Dash Riprock (2)
    Spindoctor (2)
    Max’sFriendDavid (5)
    frigginelvis (6)
    corporalgregg (4)
    jloboc (5)
    beard216 (10)
    sausagepizza (7)
    dlauthor (9)
    WolfgangJT (4)
    mcatrn (4)
    Tsikandestroy (2)
    naginalJJ (7)
    Mourn Despana (9)
    Unicyclone (1)
    Phildopip (2)
    hotfuzz (1)
    dlauthor (6)
    Kanamit (1)
    PTownBrave22 (2)

Jake (5)

FujiSkunk (4)

GoodOmens (8)

samjjones (13)

prewow (1)

Jonztu (4)

bigbubba (1)

Dahnlee (2)

Zanny77 (1)

Typhus (1)

glarms (9)

TomGuy (2)

RBPUK (3)

xzeldax3 (1)

naotokanji (3)

XNaythan (3)

Mr. Wally (2)

Froogle (2)

Bansheeflyer (5)

maxsgtp (3)

astronomyhopes (1)

iluvhockey (2)

Domino (1)

GasparLewis (1)

naotokanji (1)

TheSheepQueen (2)

Epietro (1)

CmdrXym (1)

Good luck… See ya Saturday for the party!

Remember to Rock Out… Life is Short

#6 Joni Mitchell – Big Yellow Taxi

Song #5

Something from the staying alive soundtrack. The bee gees – the woman in you. Or a cover of staying alive?

Song #6

Bryan Adams – it’s only love OR hearts on fire. Trying to think of songs we don’t have yet.

Song #6

Bryan Adams – it’s only love OR hearts on fire. Trying to think of songs we don’t have yet.

Man… what is one of the biggest bands on the planet that’s touring right now? Guns N’ Roses? AC/DC? Hmm.

Cmdr Xym
    Participant

Pretty sure #5 is Talking Heads. Maybe “Life During Wartime”?

musicgeekxyz
      Participant

Song #5

Talking Heads – Life During Wartime

#3: American Skin (41 Shots) by Bruce Springsteen

#2 – Phish: Bouncin’ Around The Room

Man… what is one of the biggest bands on the planet that’s touring right now? Guns N’ Roses?

Well, well, well, you never can tell with this kind of hint, can you?

#1 “Jerk-Off”… you “Tool”.

(hint hint)

rawsewage
        Participant

Clue 4 is driving me nuts. The only fests I can think of named after bands is Up The Hammers which is a phrase the band Manilla Road uses, and Frost and Fire which is a Cirith Ungol album. Neither band played at the first one though.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,041 through 2,055 (of 3,780 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Back to top button