NSW1-6’s Customs (10/11/2020 – Journey Majestic)

Viewing 12 posts - 181 through 192 (of 192 total)
  • Author
    nsw1-6
    Participant

Another song that’s been in the queue for a while (a secret too!). I had little interest in this track to begin with but ejthedj was willing to do other instruments on it, so it became a collaboration. Props to him for helping me get it across the finish-line recently

July 5th, 2020 – The Moody Blues – The Other Side of Life

ol43heng3pjrzfs6g.jpg

All Keys/Finished Bass/OD/Reductions/Vocals (with sync fixes done by me): ejthedj

CON: GET IT HERE

Audio Source Lineage: 1986 Digital Master -> Some Polydor CD? -> Audacity (EQ and Volume) -> .WAV

Also, no more tracks from this album, but many more Moodies to come! (maybe sooner than you think)

nsw1-6
      Participant

This is not going to be a common thing with 2 customs per month, should have more tracks soon. Major thanks to ejthedj for helping me get this across the finish line. Doing Keys (done without any MIDI) and Reductions for this one kind of held it up for a long time, but it’s finally done. Also higher-quality album art because the previous ones used were bleck…

August 21st/22nd, 2020 – Journey – Too Late

lkuw3wyc9svhrem6g.jpg

5-lane Keys/Keys Reductions/OD/Other fixes: ejthedj

Audio Source Lineage: 1979 US Vinyl -> ION Profile LP -> Audacity (Noise removal) -> .MP3 -> further Click Removal/EQ/Pitch Correction(?) -> .WAV (Don’t do what I did)

I’m finishing up some other Journey tracks too but I’ve got a bunch of tracks that I just need to spend an afternoon or so on and they’ll be done.

rezavakili
        Participant

Thank you for this and can’t wait for What’s coming. The songs you release are what I grew up with and they are lots of fun to play along with. :rock:

nsw1-6
          Participant

Got this one done all by myself. Probably my favorite track off this album. Keys are missing because there’s a lot going on in the song.

August 22nd, 2020 – Frank Zappa – Baby, Take Your Teeth Out

ol3bxy5dlog4p3f6g.jpg

Audio Source Lineage: 1984 Digital Master -> Original 1986 Rykodisc CD -> .WAV -> Audacity (volume correction)

Hopefully I have more out tomorrow, but I am confident there’s more coming this week.

nsw1-6
            Participant

I shall be taking over this week’s Frank

frank-zappa-banner.jpg

August 28th, 2020 – Frank Zappa – Wind Up Workin’ in a Gas Station

61pfd2jzws1x0uo6g.jpg

OD/Fills/Sections/Venues/Massive Improve’lence: AJFOne23

Audio Source Lineage: 1976 Analog Master -> 2012 Remastered UMe CD -> Audacity -> .OGG? -> .WAV?

This one sat close to being done for a while until AJF wanted me to finally finish it and would help on a number of things. So I got up off my butt. It’s a short little ditty about car mechanics and gas station attention and how edjamakation may not be so helpful in life to some.

Maybe some more stuff this weekend.

nsw1-6
              Participant

This one took quite some time to get done, and had to haggle a bit to keep it, but RIP Eddie m/

October 10th, 2020 – Van Halen – Little Dreamer

hqexcybybdc2oo16g.jpg

OD/Fills (Fixed): SrMoog

CON: GET IT HERE (NEW DB LINK)

Audio Source Lineage: 1978 Analgo Master -> WB remaster CD-> .WAV -> Audacity

As always, more to come, especially Van Halen. Manfred Mann, Journey, Yes, Kansas, and Gentle Giant, and U2 expected… hopefully. Quite a few standalone tracks as well. 

Also the new DB is mostly functional guys (if you’re confused click the green “Rock Band 3 Xbox360” button on right of the DB page)

rezavakili
                Participant

Thank you for this classic Van Halen track,  looking forward to your future U2 releases. War is my all time favorite album. 

nsw1-6
                  Participant

10 hours ago, rezavakili said:

Thank you for this classic Van Halen track,  looking forward to your future U2 releases. War is my all time favorite album. 

I only have two more tracks from that album planned and I don’t think I’ve started them yet. I have quite a few others that are close to done.

nsw1-6
                    Participant

I had thought this was my fastest time for making a custom, but no… Here’s a quick one anyway

October 11th, 2020 – Journey – Majestic

xbfa1bvdz46mbld6g.jpg

CON: GET IT HERE (NEW DB LINK)

Audio Source Lineage: 1979 Analog Master -> Columbia 80s/90s CD-> .WAV -> Audacity

nsw1-6
                      Participant

Since the main post has become uneditable, most likely you’re better off looking up my authoring name through the Authors directory of the C3 database and seeing all my released customs there.

nsw1-6
                        Participant

I had lost interest in charting customs for the time being, but now finally had the wherewithal to come back!!
                          It’s still October 6th here, so might as well put out a tribute to Eddie by finishing off the last song missing from VH’s first album!

October 6th, 2021 – Van Halen – On Fire

CON: GET IT HERE (NEW DB LINK)
                          Assistance on OD/Fills/Guitar Review (Fixed): SrMoog

Audio Source Lineage: 1978 Analog Master -> WB remaster CD-> .WAV -> Audacity

Little Dreamer also has been updated in the DB, there was a problem with the drum fill/overdrive activation

Expect more to come!

Harrug
                          Participant

Thanks for the song, it’s awesome to have the album completed. And it’s nice to see a familiar name posting again!

Viewing 12 posts - 181 through 192 (of 192 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          Back to top button