Not sure how to use the Upgrade Bundler

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I tried to upgrade some of my DLC using the Upgrade Bundler in C3 Con Tools, but it didn’t work. Could someone tell me if I’m doing it correctly or not?

I started by my moving my DLC to a USB stick. I then opened that USB stick in my Win10 PC using RBtoUSB. Next, I dragged a song from the RBtoUSB window across to the left window of Upgrade Bundler. I then dragged the three matching RBHP files to the right window, and clicked “bundle”. I repeated that process for each song. Once I’d finished doing all the songs, I refreshed RBtoUSB and there seemed to be two copies of each song – a LIVE file and a CON file, or two CON files but one with (bundled) at the end of it.

I “closed” the USB stick in RBtoUSB, then plugged it into my 360. All the songs showed up in my RB3 library, but without harmonies.

I’m not sure what I did wrong. Was I supposed to “extract” the songs to my PC before using Upgrade Bundler? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The Other Side
    Participant

Try deleting your song cache.

ElectricSkylab, thanks for your advice. My error was in moving both the original and bundled files back to the Xbox.

For anyone else not sure how to use the Upgrade Bundler, this is the process that worked for me:

1. move song file from Xbox to USB

2. Open USB on PC using USBtoRB3

3. Extract song file to HDD on your PC

4. use this extracted song file in Upgrade Bundler

5. in your HDD directory there will now be two song files: the one you extracted, and a new RBHP bundled version. Move only the “[song title] (bundled)” song file back to your Xbox

6. on your Xbox, delete the RB3 song cache file

7. start RB3

PS many thanks to TrojanNemo for creating the excellent Con Tools utilities!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Back to top button