Newly-released “Juice” DLC Delisted For Making Players Sing The N-Word

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    regularjphn
    Participant

I can’t believe that this actually happened, but somehow “Juice” by Lizzo was released completely uncensored, and the n-word is therefore visible and charted. I’m questioning how this wasn’t noticed before release, as Harmonix is pretty insistent on keeping the game appropriate for all demographics. Is this the first time a DLC song has been “accidentally” released uncensored in such a way? Was it really even accidental?

Link to tweet relating to delisting: https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/1253395863646416904?s=20

Link to video containing the old chart (starts at 1:38, a bit before the aforementioned lyric): https://youtu.be/lwApHOS5PSU?t=98

Nintendo113
      Participant

lol I didn’t even think of that, but yeah pretty sure it’s the first song to slip through the cracks without censoring.

I personally dislike songs being censored. It takes away from the songs IMO. Glad customs don’t have to worry about that.

regularjphn
        Participant

lol I didn’t even think of that, but yeah pretty sure it’s the first song to slip through the cracks without censoring.

I personally dislike songs being censored. It takes away from the songs IMO. Glad customs don’t have to worry about that.

Songs like Sir Psycho Sexy and Killing in the Name were absolutely gutted by censorship, so I definitely agree with you there. Makes me wonder why Harmonix doesn’t just release specifically-labeled [EXPLICIT] versions.

LARG
          Participant

Makes me wonder why Harmonix doesn’t just release specifically-labeled [EXPLICIT] versions.

IIRC, DLC effects the ESRB rating of a game. If Harmonix wants Rock Band to maintain a T-rating, then all DLC must adhere to that rating. They do this by using/creating “clean” versions of songs

I’m questioning how this wasn’t noticed before release, as Harmonix is pretty insistent on keeping the game appropriate for all demographics. Is this the first time a DLC song has been “accidentally” released uncensored in such a way? Was it really even accidental?

I’m asking the same thing tbh. A team of people had to listen to the song, isolate the stems, type out the lyrics, create a chart for both vocals and harmonies, test the song in game, and not ONE person managed to catch this before release?

how

Bansheeflyer

IIRC, DLC effects the ESRB rating of a game. If Harmonix wants Rock Band to maintain a T-rating, then all DLC must adhere to that rating. They do this by using/creating “clean” versions of songs

This

regularjphn
              Participant

I’m asking the same thing tbh. A team of people had to listen to the song, isolate the stems, type out the lyrics, create a chart for both vocals and harmonies, test the song in game, and not ONE person managed to catch this before release?

Maybe it isn’t even a “team” at this point…

VreyIsGrey
                Participant

I will be forever baffled by this.

Pretty sure the QA “team” hasn’t been a “team” in several years now.

It’s just one person. And I’m positive in saying that’s not just an assumption.

lifeismusic5
                  Participant

How does one person miss that when lyric checking a song? I would have instantly checked it as I often triple check things like that.

Harmonix is currently closed so I can totally see how this can slip out. obviously not acceptable, but considering the circumstances i’m surprised they’re still putting out content at all.

Atruejedi
                    Participant

The N word ending with an A doesn’t hyphenate itself…

Isn’t it also that HMX doesn’t actually chart anything anymore? That it’s one of the RBN author groups that do that?

Isn’t it also that HMX doesn’t actually chart anything anymore? That it’s one of the RBN author groups that do that?

Yes, RhythmAuthors has been charting DLC for the last few years now.

Sure glad I grabbed this while it was a custom still. I waited too long on RB4 because I was upset about the lack of Ion support, and then further missed the window on the adapter. Now even if I want to get rock band 4, an xbox one and play with just normal EVERYTHING it will cost several hundreds of dollars. Just incredibly sad about the whole thing and wish I could go back and do it all over. I keep seeing comments saying there is a community converting new RB4 DLC to RB3 but it’s like finding a needle in the haystack.

If I could just purchase the full band kit for rock band 4 at a normal price they would get all my money right now for all the DLC that is RB4 only. I’m being punished because they put out the legacy wired adapter after I had stopped paying any attention thinking they had abandoned it. By the time I payed attention again they were going for 500. I cannot express how utterly defeating this was as an owner of the ION kit.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Back to top button