Needing feedback on vocal WIP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I’m trying to complete the vocals on a previous custom of the Foo Fighter’s “Something from Nothing”. I had my initial try looked at by Nyxyxylyth and he gave me some great advice! This is my second go around and I’m looking for some more advice.

I don’t have it uploaded to mediafire, but can provide zip files.

Any help is appreciated.

removed because it’s DLC now -pksage

Included link to the project.

Nyxyxylyth
    Participant

It looks like you took your original project and copypasted with mine, so most of the tracks are doubled.

The pitches and tube timing from 14.3 onwards are way off. Did you post the right version? The filename is rpp-bak, which is usually the backup (previous) file.

Sorry about that. Fixed the post with the link to include the right file.

Nyxyxylyth
      Participant

Serious issues with pitch.

You’ve got:

Sing-(A) ing(Bb) a-(G#) long(A) +(Bb) the(A) ar-(G#) son-(F) ist(F#) choir(G) +(F#)

Should be:

Sing-(G) ing(E) a-(G) long(A) +(:cool: the(E) ar-(G) son-(E) ist(G) choir(A) +(E)

Note that the -ing in “singing” goes *down*, not *up* – if your ear can’t discern relative pitch, you might need a lot more practice before you take on vocal charting.

Tube placement still needs work. For example, “nist” should begin 2/64 earlier, and be 4/64 long, cutting off the “s” sound at the end. Using scrub mode is a must to place vocal tubes correctly. A more severe example is at 32.3: “string” should be a single (A) tube, starting 5/64 later at 32.3.87, and extending 7/64 later to 32.4.68.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Back to top button