My gems keep slightly moving when opening REAPER

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ironhedd
    Participant

I’ve never had this problem before, but after rendering my custom and trying to compile in Magma, I get errors that gems are too close or the game doesn’t support broken chords. I’ll open the project in REAPER and realize, the gems are slightly off to the side of the lines. I’ll then go in and fix each gem, render and try again. New error messages in Magma show the same errors but in different areas.

I’ve gone through this cycle about 3 times and I can’t figure out why the gems keep moving.

Would anyone know what I’m doing wrong?

Shroud
      Participant

It happened to me too a few times. I don’t know if it’s a Reaper bug. Sometimes I think it happened after doing copy-pasting of notes, but I have no proof of that. It’s very annoying, but it might be possible to fix the slight misalignments by selecting groups of notes and press ctrl+A, if I remember right…

Atruejedi
        Participant

Highlight the gems of the entire part and use the quantize function to lock the notes onto the grid. Let me dig up a screenshot.

Here we go. Fresh for you.

htkYiDc.png

Make sure to set the grid to whatever you desire, be it 1/16, 1/32, 1/64, etc. If this is your first time using the quantize function, save your work before you use it, because you might want to undo your changes and you might crazy while undoing (I often do!).

Ironhedd
          Participant

Thank you! I’ll try it now.

Ironhedd
            Participant

That did it! You guys are awesome!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button