My Author page is empty-broken — is this normal for now?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    cleverest
    Participant

I see the site is still under maintenance. I took a 1+yr break from all of this because I was so bummed out about how it used to run/work, but I see it’s still broken whenever I go here: http://p.c3universe.com/cleverest

Is that the case with all author profiles, or do I need to do something/submit something to fix it?

Thank you.

FujiSkunk
      Keymaster

The fact all your songs are externally hosted probably has something to do with why your C3U profile is claiming 0 songs. However, we do still have all the information about your songs, and as you can see further down the page, we are logging some activity on them (see the download and song ranking sections). We are still working on the code behind C3U to improve performance and the experience. I’ll take a look at the public profile page also to see why it’s shortchanging you.

cleverest
        Participant

Thanks. I did notice on my badge menu it says I’m “unverified”, how do I fix that?

Also, I don’t mind hosting my stuff on C3 – I just don’t know how to go about transitioning the files I have currently hosted to Google Drive, to C3. Any help appreciated if I decide I want to do that…(assuming I’m allowed).

FujiSkunk
          Keymaster

Thanks. I did notice on my badge menu it says I’m “unverified”, how do I fix that?

When you first log into C3U, you should see a terms-and-conditions pop-up. You need to click the “I agree” button to start the process to get your account verified. If you’ve done this already and you still see that pop-up every time you log in, make sure you’re accepting cookies from C3U’s web domain. If it persists even then, let us know and we’ll dig in on this side.

Also, I don’t mind hosting my stuff on C3 – I just don’t know how to go about transitioning the files I have currently hosted to Google Drive, to C3. Any help appreciated if I decide I want to do that…(assuming I’m allowed).

You’re certainly allowed! If these songs have never been processed by C3U — that is, you never uploaded them to C3U and they currently don’t show up in a search of the customs database –simply use your C3U file manager to upload them, and the website will take care of the rest. If you do have entries for these songs and they do show up in a database search, then depending on the information we have, you can use the C3U file manager and click the “Actions -> Upload new version” menu item, then follow the instructions. I assume you’ll have C3U entries at least for the songs we have some information for, but these are the complete instructions in case you also have songs you’ve never submitted to the site.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by FujiSkunk.
            FujiSkunk
            Keymaster

Following up on the profile stats, the “files released” statistic, as well as the downloads and average downloads per song, only count files hosted on C3U. I agree those labels do not make that clear, and I’ll suggest that we change them. Of course you can still move your customs to C3U and then you’ll get all the stats. I’m sure some other stats will still seem wrong, but the code behind it all is still being hammered on, so keep an eye out!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by FujiSkunk.
              cleverest
              Participant

Thank you!

Alas, I cannot upload my songs as new versions…it says, “can’t upload any files with errors” – these are known good RB3con files I downloaded from my Google Drive from my finished customs folders…I know they are good.

I keep agreeing to the terms each time I log in, but I’m still unverified. I have nothing blocking the page from what I can see….can this be looked into? Let me know what you need. I have 12 songs to add then it’s possible. I can’t wait to get back into creating more of these.

cleverest
                Participant

I also used to have video/chart previews of my tracks on the old site. Is all of that lost now? I have to create them again, link them via YouTube, etc or is there another way?

cleverest
                  Participant

I’ve logged into the site using both Chrome and Firefox approving all prompts, but I’m still unverified. 🙁

FujiSkunk
                    Keymaster

I’ve logged into the site using both Chrome and Firefox approving all prompts, but I’m still unverified. 🙁

Sorry you’re having that trouble. I’ve gone in and set your account as verified, so you shouldn’t see those prompts any further. Just be aware you’ve agreed to the terms for using C3U. 😉

Not being able to upload your songs to C3U was probably due to your account being unverified. Now that we have those bits taken care of, you should be able to start uploading. If you are able to upload songs but then are told you’re running up on a limit, just follow the instructions you see for requesting higher limits.

I also used to have video/chart previews of my tracks on the old site. Is all of that lost now? I have to create them again, link them via YouTube, etc or is there another way?

Yes, you will need to add new comments and/or video links to your songs. Because of how we had to scramble to get the forums, database and other resources quickly moved from one server to another, some things didn’t make the transition cleanly. Sorry!

cleverest
                      Participant

Thank you for your help! I will upload the songs soon and let you know! I appreciate it!

cleverest
                        Participant

so…under the list of main files in the “C3 Community File Manager”, FILE MANAGEMENT tab, it shows a bunch of my songs, but they are without titles, the first one is listed as “view?usp” and all the rest are listed the same title as “view?usp=sharing”

I don’t know which songs they are unless I click them…I’m assuming because they are 3rd party hosted…when I click ACTION, and UPLOAD A NEW file next to one, and browse to the file to UPLOAD NEW VERSION, it replaces it and gives me the titles…that is all I need to do to get this hosted on C3?

Thanks again. I think I’m good now if that’s the case.

cleverest
                          Participant

Also the ones I ADDED NEW VERSION of that were showing the ?usp path-names don’t seem to register in the song count on the left like a few new ones I added in that same section…I should have 17 tracks in total, but it shows 6 (60% of limit):
                            The site itself lists 11 songs by this author (me)

cleverest
                            Participant

Also on my author page, http://p.c3universe.com/cleverest

….it DOES show 17 songs, but 6 of them are duplicates of the first one I uploaded with this new method…”MARIGOLD & PATCHWORK”
                              All 6 of these have the same URL: https://db.c3universe.com/song/marigold-amp-patchwork-27443

??? Do I just delete all of 1 of them?

FujiSkunk
                              Keymaster

so…under the list of main files in the “C3 Community File Manager”, FILE MANAGEMENT tab, it shows a bunch of my songs, but they are without titles, the first one is listed as “view?usp” and all the rest are listed the same title as “view?usp=sharing”

I don’t know which songs they are unless I click them…I’m assuming because they are 3rd party hosted…when I click ACTION, and UPLOAD A NEW file next to one, and browse to the file to UPLOAD NEW VERSION, it replaces it and gives me the titles…that is all I need to do to get this hosted on C3?

Yes, that’s what you need to do. Once a new version is uploaded, you may also need to go back to your file manager and check the “External URL” item in each song’s Actions menu, and delete any URL there, so that your C3U-hosted files will be made available for download.

Also the ones I ADDED NEW VERSION of that were showing the ?usp path-names don’t seem to register in the song count on the left like a few new ones I added in that same section…I should have 17 tracks in total, but it shows 6 (60% of limit):
                                The site itself lists 11 songs by this author (me)

The song count and related download stats on your profile page only represent files hosted by C3U. Admittedly that is a little misleading, especially when numbers immediately below those reflect the total number of customs you’ve made available both on C3U and with external hosting. We’re still working on getting everything to jive properly.

Also on my author page, http://p.c3universe.com/cleverest

….it DOES show 17 songs, but 6 of them are duplicates of the first one I uploaded with this new method…”MARIGOLD & PATCHWORK”
                                All 6 of these have the same URL: https://db.c3universe.com/song/marigold-amp-patchwork-27443

My guess is you added all six of those files after clicking “Add New Version” on the song page for “Marigold & Patchwork”. Ideally you should use that button only when adding a new file, either as an alt version or as your own custom for a song someone else also uploaded. For updating existing files, or just getting customs onto C3U and off of an external host, just use the C3U File Manager directly.

??? Do I just delete all of 1 of them?

You’ll have to make sure you don’t delete the custom that actually is for “Marigold & Patchwork”, but otherwise yes, it should be safe to delete the other five, and then re-upload them as I mentioned above.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              Back to top button