Monstercat: Rock Band (Inactive)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Monstercat. An EDM label that started as two guys in Vancouver with a YouTube channel for their friends to share and promote their music turned into one of the biggest channels on YouTube, currently (as of July 12th, 2017) garnering over 6.2 million subscribers from all over the world. They have released over 1,300 songs through the label, and have released over 30 compilation albums.
    Here’s a spreadsheet of all the songs we’ll be doing. Keep in mind it’s not done yet (primarily on whether not each song has vocals), so if you see anything out of the ordinary, it will be fixed!
    Gigakoops
    Participant

I do wonder how all of this will get done, considering this is quite a lot of songs from an EDM label, and not everyone here is into EDM. That said, we could always use more EDM customs, and after watching Monstercat TV on Pluto TV for a little bit, I’d say this would be fun to see complete.

Unfortunately I can’t really help much at this time. I’m still burnt out on authoring, and there are other things I’m focusing on at the moment. That said, I may consider doing venue authoring for a few songs, upon request. Not all of them, though, since again this is a lot of songs, but I always have fun doing EDM venue stuff. so feel free to contact me if you have any songs you feel could use a fun, flashy venue.

I started I Remember forever ago but I didn’t come close to finishing it because I quit charting for awhile.

Atruejedi
      Participant

30 albums by one artist? Dude. Set your expectations a bit more realistically. Anytime I suggest an artist, I try to suggest three noticeably different songs just to gauge interest. Wanting the community to chart 762 songs with you is just… silly, if I’m being polite.

Lemme clarify: Monstercat is a record label, not one artist. The songs on these albums are different songs by different artists on the label. In a sense, they’re compilation albums.

And while, yes, I do think it is a bit silly, I’m up to the challenge. I really like this label, and if it does happen to stop sometime through, so be it. At least we tried, ya know?

Lemme get things straight now, and apologies for the double post.

I like to think about doing grand things, and yet sometimes I don’t do them because of their grandness. This is one of those times.

I got REALLY ahead of myself when doing this project. One album? That could’ve been reasonable. All 30? No way that can happen (soon, anyway). I wasted time doing this project that turned out to be impossible, when I could’ve been charting for my Walk the Moon project or for one of my requests. And time is a precious resource that I unfortunately can’t get back.

I’m gonna put this project to the side for now, but people can still chart the songs that are on the spreadsheet. If you’re interested in working on one or a few, send me a PM, and I’ll hook you up with the resources. For now though, I’ll just put this into the library of scrapped ideas that seems to be getting bigger every day in my head.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Back to top button