Magma: C3 Roks Edition v3.3.2 [07/28/15]

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 698 total)
  • Author
    TrojanNemo
    Participant
      Also, one thing I noticed. When I go to save a file, like for example when I’m just working on the rbproj. file. When I press save, it wants me to name the file again. Even though I just clicked “Save”, it’s acting like I clicked “Save As”. If that makes sense.

actually, can’t replicate what you’re saying. if I open an existing project, and I click save, it saves without asking. if it’s a new project, and you click save, it is intended to default to save as since you need to assign a name to the project first!

actually, can’t replicate what you’re saying. if I open an existing project, and I click save, it saves without asking. if it’s a new project, and you click save, it is intended to default to save as since you need to assign a name to the project first!

No. I open a recent project, and for example if I edit the tier on an instrument or do something that changes something from the project and then click save, the window pops up and says “Save As”. That’s weird that it only happens to me.

Farottone
      Keymaster

No. I open a recent project, and for example if I edit the tier on an instrument or do something that changes something from the project and then click save, the window pops up and says “Save As”. That’s weird that it only happens to me.

Sounds like the original file is protected or open.

TrojanNemo
        Participant

updated. same link in the OP.

– added tool tip messages for ALL controls

– song id is now done correctly. last release would only check the length of the first time it shows up, now both times ‘songhere’ and song_id ‘songhere’ match.

– improved the handling of custom song IDs to make sure you’re not going beyond the 25 character limit

– changed menu colors to make reading easier

– added help button for drum kit sfx

– a few other changes

this is my first “ready for public release” (i think) version. let me know of anything to add or fix.

One of the most annoying (but certainly not most important) problems I’ve had with Magma in the past is that I’ve had to make a new Magma file every single time I want to update the latest RB3CON. Am I right in saying that with the option to make my own custom song ID, this will no longer be a problem?

And what do I put in the ID? Numbers? Letters? Symbols?

TrojanNemo
          Participant

not sure I follow what you’re saying. why were you creating new magma projects everytime?

anyways, you can definitely change the song id within magma now so that’s good. rbn songs use something like ugc_xxxxxxx where the xxxxxxx represent a unique number. we use typically the name of the song. you can use almost anything I suppose.

Nyxyxylyth
            Participant
              One of the most annoying (but certainly not most important) problems I’ve had with Magma in the past is that I’ve had to make a new Magma file every single time I want to update the latest RB3CON. Am I right in saying that with the option to make my own custom song ID, this will no longer be a problem?

You could have just deleted the cache. Or edited songs.dta yourself, bumped the ID, and used RB3Maker’s “Full Song” to repackage.

Anyhow, now it’s all better, and you’re right.

I suggest just bumping a number, like bestsongever1, bestsongever2, etc.

You could have just deleted the cache. Or edited songs.dta yourself, bumped the ID, and used RB3Maker’s “Full Song” to repackage.

Anyhow, now it’s all better, and you’re right.

I suggest just bumping a number, like bestsongever1, bestsongever2, etc.

What I mean is that if I just used the same Magma file, then no matter what I changed, the song would not be identified as different by RB3. Even if I deleted the old file and injected the new one, with all different details, I would still see the first file, despite having deleted it already.

Nyxyxylyth
              Participant
                What I mean is that if I just used the same Magma file, then no matter what I changed, the song would not be identified as different by RB3. Even if I deleted the old file and injected the new one, with all different details, I would still see the first file, despite having deleted it already.

Once RB3 enters a song into the cache, that’s where RB3 pulls the songs.dta information and MIDI data. You have to either delete the cache, or change the song ID.

TrojanNemo
                Participant

sorry to hear you’ve been under this confusion. it all comes down to what nyx mentioned. the song cache. the only thing that you were accomplishing by doing a whole new magma project is that in the process, you’d most likely end up with a new file name = new song id, since rb3maker and now this version of magma use your project name to create the song id, although now you have the option of changing that. you could have stayed with the old magma project, just changed the name of the RBA file, and it would have been fine. or what I always do, delete your song cache.

some people freak out because you lose offline scores. i didn’t care for online scores, I certainly don’t for offline scores that only I see. my life is infinitely easier this way, i just delete and rebuild my cache. no problems.

EDIT: anyways, I thought of something else to add…option to choose ANSI/UTF8 encoding right in Magma, so for those songs like Queensrÿche, you don’t have a problem. I have most of it done already, so :dance:

Farottone
                  Keymaster

EDIT: anyways, I thought of something else to add…option to choose ANSI/UTF8 encoding right in Magma, so for those songs like Queensrÿche, you don’t have a problem. I have most of it done already, so :dance:

That would be gorgeus. Why an option though? Can’t you just make it so by default?

Farottone
                    Keymaster

That only gos for song’s information data: tiers, instruments, title, etc. If you update your MIDI (which is 99% of the times) there’s no need to change song ID.

TrojanNemo
                      Participant

That would be gorgeus. Why an option though? Can’t you just make it so by default?

I could, but the vast majority of songs are encoded in ANSI and use ‘latin1’. Only the few with special characters use UTF8. I don’t know if it’s a good idea to just switch completely to UTF8?

anyways, it’s a pain in the behind it seems. i’m testing with Michael Bublé and even though the file is correctly being created in ANSI or UTF8, the accented é is messed up in both. So still got to keep digging on how to do this correctly.

espher
                        Participant
                          anyways, it’s a pain in the behind it seems. i’m testing with Michael Bublé and even though the file is correctly being created in ANSI or UTF8, the accented é is messed up in both. So still got to keep digging on how to do this correctly.

I’ll check what I did with RB:HP when I get home since I got that sorted out (finally), though I had to change to English (United States) for my regional/non-unicode settings.

TrojanNemo
                          Participant

please do. i’d love to figure this out.

more importantly, how are you doing this on your pro upgrades? because if you’re combining all songs and just doing utf8 for them all, even the ones that don’t need it, I can do that here AND in LeFluffie’s packager then.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 698 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          Back to top button