Lots of recently downloaded songs hang RB3 Xbox 360

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ipecac242
    Participant

I’ve been trying to figure out this issue for a few weeks, but haven’t found a decent solution yet.

The game (Xbox 360 RB3) freezes at the “loading new downloaded content… 1/1 loaded” screen when I add any of a bunch of songs downloaded here.

Here is a list of songs I have confirmed with this issue:
      Rammstein – Los
      Rammstein – Mann gegen Mann
      Billy Ocean – Caribbean Queen (No More Love on the Run)
      Bjrk – Army Of Me
      Blondie – Dreaming
      Blondie – The Tide is High
      Blur – Girls & Boys
      Bob Dylan – All Along The Watchtower
      Bob Dylan – Blowin’ In The Wind
      Bryan Adams – (Everything I Do) I Do It for You
      Canned Heat – Going Up The Country
      Cat Stevens – Father and Son
      Cream – Crossroads
      Cream – I Feel Free
      Cream – White Room
      Creedence Clearwater Revival – Cotton Fields
      Crowded House – Don’t Dream It’s Over
      Cyndi Lauper – She Bop
      David Bowie – Changes
      Death Cab for Cutie – I Will Follow You Into the Dark
      Def Leppard – Pour Some Sugar On Me
      Depeche Mode – Suffer Well
      Dolly Parton – Jolene
      Don Henley – The Boys of Summer
      Duran Duran – New Moon on Monday

I’ve been using customs for years without any major issues until my USB drive started having bad sectors, so I bought a new USB drive and started building up my RB drive from scratch.

The first batch of songs I added had no problem, but this latest batch is hanging on 90% of them. I’ve tried removing everything from the USB drive except TU4 and the CON file of the single song. I tried removing the song cache. Still, I’m having this issue.

I’m trying to add several hundred songs and have to do them one at a time to narrow down the problematic songs. I can understand that there will be some bad songs here and there, but I don’t get why I’m all of a sudden getting 9/10 bad ones.

I’ve tried looking at the DTA files for a couple of them and comparing to a working song, but I can’t see anything obviously wrong with the problem songs’ DTA files.

Thanks in advance,
      Mark

FujiSkunk
      Keymaster

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble with these. If I’m not mistaken, I’ve at least loaded and run “Blowin’ in the Wind” without any issues on a couple of my 360’s, so I’m not sure what the problem could be. You may try messages some of the authors directly to see if they are aware of any issues with their customs. Beyond that, if you happen to have a second 360 you can experiment with, see if the behavior duplicates there. Let us know what you find.

BornGamerRob
        Participant

i have two songs on that list and they don’t have any issues on mine. i’ve played Suffer Well just the other night in fact. haven’t played Jolene in a while, but that thing has over 1000 downloads, so i’m sure i would have heard about issues.

Ipecac242
          Participant

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately I don’t have a second 360 to try them on. From the responses so far, it sounds like an issue on my side. Are there any files on the 360 other than the songcache that could affect this?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button