Loss of data and save game file

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys,

I am new to customs and the work you guys have done is amazing, I do however seem to have an issue, I followed the video instructions and have successfully installed over 300 customs into my game and can play straight away, however as soon as I switch the xbox off and go back in the 32GB memory stick is not recognised in the system settings and simply asks me to configure again wiping all the soongs off, I am at a loss! I have retried the process, reinjected the files time and again, they always work first time but I cannot get them back again.

In addition if I simply switch on the xbox and load RB3 with TU4 and decline the update I am confronted with a message which says your save game file GOONERGAZ was created with a newer version of Rockband 3 would you like to overwrite or create a new save file, this either kills my old game (which first time wiped my three year saved game file with over 1800 songs played on all instruments AAARGH!) or I have to start afresh with a new band (0 fans and goals etc), I really want to keep the customs and be able to play through them all as they are great but I am just lost and frustrated by the problems, any help would be greatly greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Gary

Farottone
    Keymaster

In addition if I simply switch on the xbox and load RB3 with TU4 and decline the update I am confronted with a message which says your save game file GOONERGAZ was created with a newer version of Rockband 3 would you like to overwrite or create a new save file, this either kills my old game (which first time wiped my three year saved game file with over 1800 songs played on all instruments AAARGH!) or I have to start afresh with a new band (0 fans and goals etc), I really want to keep the customs and be able to play through them all as they are great but I am just lost and frustrated by the problems, any help would be greatly greatly appreciated.

The Customs stick should have save game data, preferences, a new non-LIve gamer profile and cache copied over. Yes, that means that your customs stick won’t have any score saved the first time you use it, but that ensures that anything you had before starting using customs is preserved when you use TU5.

Thanks,

I am clear on the song cache and saved game to copy over but can you clarify what you mean by preferences and a new non-live gamer profile which need to be on the custom stick and how I get them on there, sorry for asking a stupid question! When I created the custom stick per the instruction video it suggested only copying over the song cache!

Would you have any ideas why the custom stick is not recognised by the xbox once having installed and played the customs and then restarting the console, going into the system storage settings the 32GB USB is not recognised and I am always asked to configure it and subsequently lose the previously saved data?

Again thanks for any assistance, it is much appreciated.

espher
      Participant
        Would you have any ideas why the custom stick is not recognised by the xbox once having installed and played the customs and then restarting the console, going into the system storage settings the 32GB USB is not recognised and I am always asked to configure it and subsequently lose the previously saved data?

Having Googled this in the past, iirc (and I could be wrong) it tends to be a problem with the stick itself.

I guess it could be the stick, but it was brand new out of the boax and the real jar is that the customs work when I go through the process and can play them, but when I reboot the xbox it is not recognised so the stick appears to work as the data initially works, there is something which happens when the xbox is restarted which stops the stick being recognised with data on it and it therefore always asks to configure the usb stick, it is frustrating as hell!

Nyxyxylyth
        Participant

Only the latest XBox dashboard update supports 32GB sticks. Maybe you’re not quite up to date?

The XBox can copy more than 255 customs to a stick, but none of the current programs (Modio/Party Buffalo/etc) can.

Only the latest XBox dashboard update supports 32GB sticks. Maybe you’re not quite up to date?

The XBox can copy more than 255 customs to a stick, but none of the current programs (Modio/Party Buffalo/etc) can.

I have the latest Xbox dashboard update, but it could be the 255 songs issue, should I copy across say 100 and then move those to the hard drive or will this confuse matters more?, in order to play customs I only need TU4 on the memory stick right? if the rest of the requirements, song cache, settings, save game etc are on the hard drive in the RB3 folder can I have the custom songs in there too and simply put in the stick with TU4 to play them? If I use the TU5 stick this will simply not permit the customs to be played from the hard drive but my 1300 plus song library will be avialable?

Thanks for your patience and continued efforts to assist it is appreciated.

Nyxyxylyth
          Participant
            I have the latest Xbox dashboard update, but it could be the 255 songs issue, should I copy across say 100 and then move those to the hard drive or will this confuse matters more?, in order to play customs I only need TU4 on the memory stick right? if the rest of the requirements, song cache, settings, save game etc are on the hard drive in the RB3 folder can I have the custom songs in there too and simply put in the stick with TU4 to play them? If I use the TU5 stick this will simply not permit the customs to be played from the hard drive but my 1300 plus song library will be avialable?

For me, running across the “Disc Not Readable” is a total drag. With thousands of songs, there’s no way I’ll remember what’s a custom and what’s not (aside from silly books and lists – I want to play, not read). I go to great lengths to keep customs away from TU5. I have a custom save game and cache on the custom stick, and an online save game and cache on the online stick.

I’d try this method: when you get new customs, copy them to a smaller custom stick from the PC. On the XBox, insert the small and large custom sticks, and use the XBox to move the new customs from the smaller stick to the large stick.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button