Long hang when booting RB3 with customs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sideshow
    Participant

This is something that has always bothered me and it came up in conversation the other day when chatting with a friend who also plays customs. Has anybody ever noticed that there is a long hang when you boot up RB3 at the main menu using customs? This hang occurs right after you press start. The game will just hang there sometimes a minute or two before it gets to the loading content bar. The reason that I bring this up is because there is no hang when playing the game with official DLC. It even happens if the game is installed to the hard drive. Does this have something to do with using cons instead of live files?

TrojanNemo
      Participant

No. The problem is because you have considerably more files loading when using customs than when not. I000 items take the same time to load whether they’re customs or official songs. The game doesnt know a difference in that regard.

What you can do to lower the load time is package your songs into big packs with Le Fluffie. One pack can have up to 4gb of files…and when loading it is loaded as one item since there is only one dta file to process instead of a dta file for each song inside the pack.

Sideshow
        Participant

Ok that makes sense because for regular DLC I have always bought the whole pack or album as opposed to singles. I actually prefer singles when it comes to customs only because its way easier to manage the files when updating new revisions of songs.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Back to top button