List of charters who don’t want their content shared

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

I will say this: my reason for wanting to be added on the list has everything to do with crossover between C3 and the CH community. If the C3->CH conversions come to an end, I’d be glad to have my name removed from the list. When I have to explain to streamers why “my” chart doesn’t have slider notes or why they have duplicates of my chart, it gets frustrating. I don’t play RB3 customs and I don’t think I ever will be able to, which means I’ll never author my charts with C3 in mind, which is why I’ve given Beard permission in the past to do as he wishes with converting my charts back when I was just charting for Phase Shift.

kueller
    Participant

I would understand and actually support authors who say “Hey, let me upload MY conversions with MY name attached to them in the DB”. That would be wonderful and we have encouraged that for years: that’s how people like NSW, kueller, etc. got into the community

Would like to clarify a bit since I just read this. While personal control (and ego) was certainly a factor the primary reason for me joining C3 was a lack of people like beard converting charts. I put a note on my FoF page for anyone to convert to RB if they wanted. After a year (more or less) I had a grand total of one regular contributor, one official C3 release based off my chart, and one that I was never told about (but was credited so it’s all good). It was too slow for me, so I went to the Authoring subforum and took it into my own hands.

I wholeheartedly appreciate anyone putting in the effort to get my own work more attention so long as I get some acknowledgment. My biggest regret to not participating in C3 earlier was that I missed out on years of being able to share my releases with a wider audience.

Farottone
      Keymaster

I wholeheartedly appreciate anyone putting in the effort to get my own work more attention so long as I get some acknowledgment. My biggest regret to not participating in C3 earlier was that I missed out on years of being able to share my releases with a wider audience.

And we would have loved to have you sooner for sure.

AJFOne23
        Participant

Would like to clarify a bit since I just read this. While personal control (and ego) was certainly a factor the primary reason for me joining C3 was a lack of people like beard converting charts. I put a note on my FoF page for anyone to convert to RB if they wanted. After a year (more or less) I had a grand total of one regular contributor, one official C3 release based off my chart, and one that I was never told about (but was credited so it’s all good). It was too slow for me, so I went to the Authoring subforum and took it into my own hands.

So glad you joined the party :excited:

beard216
          Participant

Can you add “xEntombmentx” to the list? I reached out and since rb3 doesn’t use certain things CH does, he doesn’t want his charts converted.

Farottone
            Keymaster

Can you add “xEntombmentx” to the list? I reached out and since rb3 doesn’t use certain things CH does, he doesn’t want his charts converted.

I can’t add people myself. If I do, anyone can come in and say “why am I on the list? I never asked you to do that”. If he comes in and asks for that we’ll add him to the list, of course.

Trouble
              Participant

Okay I know this might be a dumb question but….. What is CH? I tried looking to see if it was stated anywhere in here, but I didn’t see it. if it was and I missed it, I’m sorry. But was just curious what this CH thing was.

clone hero

m9_

This also goes for Anti Hero and any future Anti Hero setlists organized in part by myself, unless express permission is received from the charter in question.

I am kind of late on this, but for the record, everyone here is free to convert any of the charts I did for these setlists, just shoot me a message as I’d preferably remove any CH-exclusive features myself to make sure they play the way I’d want them to.

i usually take beards old one from here before he got into vocals keys etc…and add em. beard seems to have same taste in music as me…i figure thier here he wont care much. if he yells at me to stop gladly will:)

hardcoredrummer
                  Participant

i usually take beards old one from here before he got into vocals keys etc…and add em. beard seems to have same taste in music as me…i figure thier here he wont care much. if he yells at me to stop gladly will:)

there are a bunch of good songs beard did but with no drums…don’t suppose you would be doing drums for them?

mudvaynes dig comes to mind!

i could hardcore…

SanicStudios
                    Participant

While I’m here, I would like my name added to the list.

I have been charting for Rock Band myself for over a year now and therefore if I want a song to be playable on Rock Band I will convert it myself. I feel this is for the same reasons as mentioned above. Many of my charts for Clone Hero include tap/open notes and so I feel I am not done justice when all open notes become greens and it can look and feel awkward. Many people also just like to turn tap notes into HOPOs and call it a day, not realising that the RB3 engine isn’t really built for fast tapping and so lanes come in handy.

Feel free to remove my name from this list. With CH adding drums support, I only see mutual benefit to opening things up and allowing charters/authors to update charts with drums/guitar.

Bansheeflyer

Thank you, siavash, I know everyone here appreciates you willing to allow your content on C3. We’re always happy to collaborate so please let us know if you want to get more of your work converted to RB or if you have any issues with any of the current converts of your charts!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Back to top button