Library Limit

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RBPUK
    Participant

I’ve read somewhere the library limit is around 3000 songs but does a track pack count as 1 towards this or is every song in the pack counted?

Also would track packs load quicker than individual songs? If so is it worth putting customs in packs?

Thx

TrojanNemo
      Participant

Limit is 2952 songs. Each song counts as one even if its part of a pack. Packs do load much faster. Use lefluffie to package songs into custom packs.

Kaktusdude
        Participant

Good thing or bad thing I am juggling songs on PS3 to respect the 2952 limit. Is it safe to assume that using the delete function within the game can help reduce song count? Also, I do understand that deleting a song that is part of a pack deletes the entire pack. Is there any danger of editing .dta files to cull a song or two out of a pack? Sorry to be lazy and not do my own experiments…

FujiSkunk
          Keymaster

Is it safe to assume that using the delete function within the game can help reduce song count?

Yes.

Also, I do understand that deleting a song that is part of a pack deletes the entire pack. Is there any danger of editing .dta files to cull a song or two out of a pack? Sorry to be lazy and not do my own experiments…

I can’t say for sure, but based on my knowledge, I think that would be safe to do. Unless you also modified the contents of the package, the other songs’ files would still be there, taking up space, but at least they wouldn’t be counted toward the song limit.

Kaktusdude
            Participant

Regarding the HDD space vs the song limit…my thoughts exactly. I’ll report back if anything explodes! Thank you for carrying the torch for PS3 users. Much appreciated.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button