Left-hand animations

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    TheWay123
    Participant
      So, I’ve been working on a custom for like two weeks. I’m planning on adding everything I can, like custom venue, Pro Keys and animations, except for Pro G + B (that’s way too complicated for me right now).

But I’ve gotten stuck on Guitar – Bass left-hand animations. I know they’re not required, but I want to add as much detail as I can. If you guys have some theory or logic I can use so that I can apply it to my custom, I would be really grateful.

One of the community managers and the main tournament organizer over at SpinShare. Also somewhat decent at charting for RB3 I think.

The data for animations on the Guitar/Bass tracks are only for the height of the hand on the guitar/bass neck. You can either use the pitch and guess it, or look at tabs to actually know at what height on the neck approximatively you need to be close to what’s actually done on the real thing.

Ultimate_MANG0
      Participant

The data for animations on the Guitar/Bass tracks are only for the height of the hand on the guitar/bass neck. You can either use the pitch and guess it, or look at tabs to actually know at what height on the neck approximatively you need to be close to what’s actually done on the real thing.

THat’s not true. In the documentation you can choose what sort of chord you want, if you want to bend the strings on long notes, and even change the strummming to picking or slap (slap is only for bass)

Bansheeflyer

THat’s not true. In the documentation you can choose what sort of chord you want, if you want to bend the strings on long notes, and even change the strummming to picking or slap (slap is only for bass)

It’s not quite as limited to just where the hand on the fretboard is but as far as making it look like they’re playing each note exactly how a real guitarist would play it, that’s beyond the abilities of RB3.

But yes, there’s more than just the hand position. I’m sure the OP has looked at this already but the RBN Docs are very helpful in this regard and a pretty self-explanatory.

TheWay123
          Participant

Yeah, I’ve read the HMX docs. Very thoroughly, I might add. I was just seeing if anybody had a simple way of doing it, like grouping pitches with a fret, or something like that. I guess a good way of organizing it would be this?

C6-E6 = fret 6?

One of the community managers and the main tournament organizer over at SpinShare. Also somewhat decent at charting for RB3 I think.

MFX
            Participant

Use each note as a fret. Both literally represent a chromatic step, after all. The MIDI notation even starts at E to match standard tuning to make it clearer.

There’s no such thing as a range of pitches per fret. If the guitarist is playing at the fifth fret, then use the fifth note up from the bottom, but you sorta gotta know how the song is played to do it right, or at least be able to refer to the numbers on tablature.

If you don’t know anything about music or guitar, think in terms of relative pitches: put the lowest notes in the song at Note #40 and the highest at Note #52, and the rest in between.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button