Leaderboards for Custom Songs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but does anyone know why many custom songs have random leaderboard scores (usually one or two)? Sometimes the scores/instruments don’t line up either; in “Through My Words,” a song without drums has a pro drums score of 117k. This of course is looked at through Title Update 5 in which you can’t play the customs but you can view the online leaderboards.

I wonder why this is. Maybe this is a way to get customs to work online; I have no idea.

Gigakoops
    Participant

Before the patch I imagine quite a few customs got circulated on places like XboxISO, which would mean someone made a seperate custom of Throught My Words that was maybe drums-only.

Lowlander2
      Participant

You used to be able to play customs online, but since TU5, that is no longer the case. Because customs are made in CON format, which is also shared by every RB1 export, TU5’s countermeasure is now to basically check whether a CON has a RB1 tempo map, and decides whether or not to give a dirty disc error based on that. The only way to get around this, to my knowledge, would be to have a JTAG 360 to play custom Live files with, but this is by no means practical. And I might be completely wrong.

Farottone
        Keymaster
          You used to be able to play customs online, but since TU5, that is no longer the case. Because customs are made in CON format, which is also shared by every RB1 export, TU5’s countermeasure is now to basically check whether a CON has a RB1 tempo map, and decides whether or not to give a dirty disc error based on that. The only way to get around this, to my knowledge, would be to have a JTAG 360 to play custom Live files with, but this is by no means practical. And I might be completely wrong.

You are entirely correct.

Oh ok, thanks for the info.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Back to top button