King Crimson – 21st Century Schizoid Man (finished – see Other Customs)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I decided to convert this song from GH5 myself because I don’t want to wait until GHtoRB3 decides to do it (as well as the rumors of them deciding to stop). It does have multitrack audio from GH, with one catch. Sometimes, the saxophone and guitar parts were combined into a single stem. I had to move the audio into the backing track for these cases so that missing on guitar wouldn’t mute saxophone (charted to keys) and vice versa.

Currently, all instruments are charted on expert – instead of copying the GH chart, I charted it myself to fit HMX charting styles better. Vocals are the only thing that were directly copied, as I find it difficult to get the note tube timing right due to the audio delay in REAPER. Fortunately, the song doesn’t have harmonies to worry about. Pro Keys will not be charted – I’m no good at doing that, and it’s especially difficult for this song with the insanity of the sax solo.

I’m working on E/M/H reductions now, with overdrive, animations, venue, and dryvox later.

I was thinking about doing this at some point, but glad to see someone else has beaten me to the punch. Looking forward to your work. If you’re looking for help with getting that saxophone on Pro Keys, I’d love to lend a hand.

Well, I finally finished reductions. Took much longer than expected. I find the process very tedious, and at the same time challenging to get right on this song. I have friends who can’t play the higher difficulties, and I feel like the custom would be incomplete without them. Now to start on animations, which hopefully won’t take nearly as long as reductions did.

Scienyde, if you’re still willing to do pro keys for me, I’ll send you any files which may be needed. You certainly won’t be in any rush.

(Also, seems like quite a lot of people here working on King Crimson customs :v:)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button