Kenny Wayne Shepherd

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Probably well known to fans of SRV or Buddy Guy. KWS has a great collection of electric blues, much of his popular stuff was released in the early nineties. I’d strongly recommend Kenny Wayne as a potential in the future. My favorite from him is “Deja Voodoo” from his first album.

Bryan2Blazed
    Participant

Blue On Black

Shame Shame Shame is another good one

Sid Kafizz
      Participant

I’ll give a +1 to “Blue On Black”, and add “I Found Love (When I Found You)”. Slower song but still smoky & solid.

Sid – definitely agree. That’s one of my favs. Glad to know there a few other KWS fans out there.

My mother is a huge fan of the Blues, so I heard KWSB when “Blue on Black” was new, and I love that song. There was another guy out around the same time — Jonny Lang. His song was called “Lie to Me,” I think. They were both young white guys who sounded like old black guys, if I remember correctly. I would love the opportunity to sing both of them in Rockband, and I bet they would be fun for the axe grinders (guitarist FC chasers, haha) as well. And for parties. They were popular on the radio but have a little bit more substance behind them than a lot of what was on the radio.

Sid Kafizz
        Participant

The two Jonny Lang songs that I remember are “Breakin’ Me” and “Red Light”. They’d be awesome in RB.

Over two years old, but following the section rules and adding my +1 to Blue On Black instead of posting a new thread.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Back to top button