Keep Getting Magma Compiling Error

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    snoopy329
    Participant

I hope I’m posting this in the right forum section. I keep getting this error in Magma when trying to compile some of my stuff:

ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (EVENTS): MIDI events at [92:3:015] after the end event at [92:3:000]
      MIDI Compiler: Done.
      ERROR: Project Compiler: Midi compiler failed.

Is this something I can fix in audacity or do I need reaper or is it something else altogether?

BornGamerRob
      Participant

In the events track you should have a text marker called [end]. Wherever that marker is you cannot have ANY other markers, notes, beat tracks, etc. on any other track (e.g. MIDI events) extend beyond that time. So if your [end] marker is at 92:3:000 (which is indicated in your post), look at your other tracks and make sure that you don’t have anything extended beyond 92:3:000. This also includes any tempo markers on your tempo track. The biggest culprit is usually a beat marker beyond the 92:3:000 time.

snoopy329
        Participant

In the events track you should have a text marker called [end]. Wherever that marker is you cannot have ANY other markers, notes, beat tracks, etc. on any other track (e.g. MIDI events) extend beyond that time. So if your [end] marker is at 92:3:000 (which is indicated in your post), look at your other tracks and make sure that you don’t have anything extended beyond 92:3:000. This also includes any tempo markers on your tempo track. The biggest culprit is usually a beat marker beyond the 92:3:000 time.

Well I did fix the problem using MIDI Cleaner but, If I hadn’t done that, would program would I use to do what you said?

SomeOldGuys
          Participant

Depends on what you used to create the mid, but Reaper is where I would fix that on mine, but I make my mids using Reaper

Collab group made up of
            Mr Prezident (Vocals and Keys), jksrb (Drums)
            Jerrylive365 (Drums), rubydanger (Guitar, Bass, Vocals)
            IaSg14 (Guitar and Bass), CapnKris (Venues)

BornGamerRob
            Participant

Yup. Reaper is what to use. Using midi cleaner COULD remove something you wanted to keep like a marker past the point that really should be there. Whereas, your better bet is to extend the [end] marker instead of destroying other things past the marker. But hey, at least you got it working. =-)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button