Join us on Skype!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    pksage
    Keymaster

We started a Skype room for C3 authors a little while back. I totally meant to make a post at the time and got distracted; if you haven’t been contacted, it’s not because we don’t like you! It’s just me being lazy.

Contact-request Skype username pk_sage for an invite to the chat. I would list everyone’s Skype name here, but some people’s handles include their real name, and they might not want that revealed.

RyanHYK
      Participant

So I’m having this problem where the Skype chat only updates every few hours. I figure it’s some sort of connection thing, even if I can log into the internet just fine. Any solutions? I’m missing out on a lot of conversation.

ws54
        Participant

As I understand it Skype group chats are peer to peer communications and not client/server. That basically means it relies on one or more people in the group to do the relaying of messages and not some central server. So if that (or those) key people are not on Skype then no one else gets updates. I’ve noticed that when Gigakoops is on that everything seems to work well. As a test, maybe he keep his Skype open for a few days and see what results we get.

Gigakoops
          Participant
            As I understand it Skype group chats are peer to peer communications and not client/server. That basically means it relies on one or more people in the group to do the relaying of messages and not some central server. So if that (or those) key people are not on Skype then no one else gets updates. I’ve noticed that when Gigakoops is on that everything seems to work well. As a test, maybe he keep his Skype open for a few days and see what results we get.

I use a laptop, so IDK if it’d be a good idea I keep it on for a few days. But I guess if I leave it on for the duration of a sleep schedule and my computer shuts off automatically or something, I guess I’ll just turn it back on when I wake up. I guess I could try this, though again, no promises.

RyanHYK
            Participant

I’m starting to think it’s a connection thing right now. As of this typing, I put something into the chat about fifteen minutes ago and it’s still got that spinning “not yet delivered” thing, and Sage & Farattone (as well as Lyra, Koops, Addy, Brendan, & Matt) are all there.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button