Is TU4 important?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    RBPUK
    Participant

I just realise I have been playing customs with no updates installed and they work just fine.

What is TU4 needed for? Is it just for animations etc or does it give other advantages?

If it is I install my customs on hdd so is there anyway to copy TU4 from the memory stick to the hdd. I did try but it didn’t allow me.

Thanks

espher
      Participant

You can move but not copy. If you want it on both for some reason (e.g. RB:HP), you can then put another copy from your PC back onto the USB device.

I don’t remember exactly what TU4 fixes but iirc there are a few DLC songs that didn’t play, it fixes an issue with animations, and it has all the earlier TU stuff (including things like making the fretboards more opaque and some other stuff I honestly don’t remember).

I remember playing customs without TU4 and the animations or camera shots didn’t work at all. It was just me playing the song, the characters standing there doing nothing, and one camera shot throughout the entire song.

StackOverflow0x
        Participant
          I remember playing customs without TU4 and the animations or camera shots didn’t work at all. It was just me playing the song, the characters standing there doing nothing, and one camera shot throughout the entire song.

Hey, that sounds like the Wii problem. It’s too bad animations can’t be saved down an update so they always work or something.

TrojanNemo
          Participant

From a programming stand point….yes it is. Harmonix would not spend the man hours, time and $25, 000 fee if it was not worth it. Hell, TU5 is worth it if it didn’t disable the use of customs. There is no harm and nothing to be lost by using tu4 but you miss out on all the bug fixes, improvements to the game mechanics and the ability to play customs in their full glory.

So, yeah, i would consider it a crucial requirement for optimal enjoyment of the game.

Anonymous
              the characters standing there doing nothing.

Technically, in most cases… The characters will be ‘walking’ about, playing their instrument… I’ve seen characters walk thru walls, into the crowd (Walking on people’s heads), etc… Drummer never move though, ofc! Key person rarely move around but is possible.

To OP, TU4 is not important but cool to have. I just moved it to my harddrive and such. I’m never getting TU5 anyways, don’t need it. If I truly want to get official RBN songs, I have Rock Band Blitz or Xbox Live Marketplace for that… (Any RBN songs bought on Rock Band Blitz will work for Rock Band 3 and vice versa. Customs don’t work on Blitz, though will appear on the list!).

Though that means I will never get the few ‘online requirement’ achievements/goals. Oh well!

Nyxyxylyth
              Participant
                To OP, TU4 is not important but cool to have.

You’d better have at least TU1 or sometimes at the song intro when the roadies are pushing a crate down the game will loc

Anonymous

You’d better have at least TU1 or sometimes at the song intro when the roadies are pushing a crate down the game will loc

Oh yes. I had that happened to me and was always curious why… But doesn’t matter I guess. I personally have TU4 now mainly because I wanted the animations to work XD.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Back to top button